Employees prefer male bosses: UK studyAugust 12th, 2010 - 6:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, August 12 (ANI): A new UK survey has concluded that female bosses are a nightmare to work with.
About 3,000 men and women were questioned for the research, with three- quarters of men agreeing that they would rather work for a man than a woman.
A quarter of women accused female bosses of backstabbing and bringing their personal lives into the office.
And a third of those polled said women with power are ‘loose cannons’ who often feel threatened by colleagues.
“Incredibly both men and women are in total agreement that men make better bosses - 63 per cent of women and 75 per cent of men,” the Daily Mail quoted David Brown, of online recruitment firm www.UKJobs.net, which commissioned the research, as saying.
“This indicates that while women are more than capable of progressing to a management role, some lack some of the key skills required to be a good boss.
“No one is suggesting that women aren’t intelligent enough to be in senior positions, far from it, but perhaps-some need to be more approachable and less competitive.
“People want to go to work knowing they will be given a fair chance and are supported 100 per cent by those they work with and for,” Brown added.
Fifteen per cent of the workers questioned said female bosses were too ’sharp tongued’ and a third said it was obvious when it was their ‘time of the month’ because of mood swings.
Other negative assessments included them being ‘too cliquey’, too competitive and spending too long worrying about their appearance.
Forty per cent said men were more able to distance themselves from politics and bitching and 14 per cent said they found them more reasonable than women.
Those who prefer a female boss said they did so because women are more approachable, friendly and understand when workers need time off to look after their children. (ANI)
- Men make better bosses than women: British survey - Aug 12, 2010
- Why female bosses wreck other women's promotion hopes - Apr 11, 2011
- Nearly a third of Brit women workers are now main breadwinners - Oct 29, 2010
- Sleeping with your boss 'can boost your career' - Aug 28, 2010
- Now, men are getting broody too! - Feb 14, 2011
- Brit women spend more on themselves during Christmas - Dec 03, 2010
- Women 'make better managers than men' - Mar 08, 2011
- Women salary is secondary source of income: Survey - Aug 26, 2011
- 1 in 5 Brits wear their undies at least 250 times before buying new ones! - Dec 02, 2010
- Less than 3 in 10 American youth just too busy for sex - Mar 05, 2011
- Men 'more likely to suffer from sleepless nights due to snoring partners' - Mar 05, 2011
- Are modern women nightmare bosses? - Dec 05, 2011
- It's official: Men really are wimps when it comes to illness - Jan 19, 2011
- Most embarrassing work mishaps revealed - Jul 24, 2010
- Gen Y doesn't make lazy workers - Jul 31, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,