Employee in dock for obscene contest mailFebruary 11th, 2012 - 11:32 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 11 (IANS) A US state employee faces action after sending an official e-mail to hundreds of people offering a prize for the girl with the biggest breasts.
The e-mail was distributed by an employee of the Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID)which has been searching for people to honour at an upcoming tornado safety conference, the Daily Mail reported.
The OID has apologised to women across the state and described the incident as an “unauthorised draft” of the e-mail.
Insurance Commissioner John Doak said the situation was “highly embarrassing”, according to Tulsa World.
The e-mail, which contained “offensive and unacceptable language”, was traced to a staff member who was deeply apologetic, department spokesman Glenn Craven said.
- Woman survives four days in freezer - Sep 13, 2012
- US workers alert after breach of data - Nov 07, 2010
- Major global IT company to ban e-mail - Nov 29, 2011
- Oklahoma Police official faces disciplinary action for refusing to cover Islamic event - Feb 24, 2011
- Hacker group releases US bank's e-mails' after WikiLeaks rumours - Mar 14, 2011
- US workers fired over email comparing Obama to 'tar ball' sues company - Feb 10, 2011
- Victoria Police sacks four more officers over racist, pornographic emails - Oct 29, 2010
- Anonymous hack reveals corporate plans to discredit WikiLeaks - Feb 15, 2011
- Tennessee CEO sorry for comparing Michelle Obama to chimp in email - Mar 08, 2010
- Tribune CEO Randy Michaels Resigns For His Lack Of Decorum - Oct 25, 2010
- Rep. Chris Lee quits over Craigslist flirtation reports - Feb 10, 2011
- Los Angeles traffic cops suspended for starring in porn film while on duty - Apr 30, 2011
- Carlisle City Council new rules: Staff told to clock-out for non-work conversations - Jan 29, 2011
- E-mail vacations can boost productivity, study - May 04, 2012
- Insurance regulator bracing for spat with judiciary - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: biggest breasts, commissioner john, contest mail, daily mail, department spokesman, e mail, honour, insurance, insurance commissioner, john doak, london feb, oid, oklahoma insurance department, safety conference, searching for people, staff member, tornado safety, tulsa world, unacceptable language