Emotional video of men-lion reunion a big hit on YoutubeAugust 4th, 2008 - 7:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 4 (ANI): A video featuring an emotional reunion of a lion with the men who raised him has become a Youtube sensation.
The clip shows two young men walking towards a lion on an African reserve.
He sees them, stops in his tracks, sniffs the air… then bounds towards them in delight.
Standing up on his hind legs, he hugs both in turn and licks their faces.
Recorded in 1974, the emotional scene was first released as part of a foundation DVD in two years ago.
It was uploaded to the Internet by a fan a few weeks ago with the heart-rending Whitneys Houstons soundtrack I Will Always Love You.
The two men John Rendall and Ace Bourke aged 25 at the time, bought three-month-old lion named Christian from Harrods in 1969 for 250 guineas (s262.50) and kept him in a flat they shared in London.
But over the period of time, the pair found it hard to take care of the animal because its diet was costing them dearly, and the duo was eventually forced to set the pet free.
But four years later they yearned to know what had become of Christian.
Both John and Ace were told that their visit would be fruitless as he had disappeared into the bush, and had not been seen for months.
But the lion still returned.
He ran towards us, threw himself on to us, knocked us over, and hugged us, like he used to, with his paws on our shoulders, the Mirror quoted John as saying.
Everyone was crying. We were crying, even the lion was nearly crying. We will never forget our last, precious moments together, he added. (ANI)
- Train fire: Most passengers charred to death in sleep - Jul 30, 2012
- Top 20 movies that can make men cry like a baby - Aug 04, 2010
- Just like dad, Prince William too is marrying his 'nanny'! - Nov 19, 2010
- Weizmann Institute of Science: Tears are a chemical turn-off for men - Jan 08, 2011
- Tribe apologises to Brit pensioner for having his relative for dinner - Dec 08, 2009
- Man kills wife for not feeding daughter - May 11, 2012
- Ferrer fires tennis ball at crying baby during Sony Ericsson Open in Miami - Apr 01, 2011
- African tribesmen steal lions' lunch - Jul 11, 2012
- 13 school children killed as bus falls in canal (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Charles Taylor 2012 Prize won by 'The Chimps of Fauna Sanctuary' - Mar 07, 2012
- Olympics: New Zealand rowers set records - Jul 29, 2012
- Sushant Rajput in tears on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4' - Feb 05, 2011
- Galaxy of stars pay tearful tribute to Houston - Feb 19, 2012
- 3-years old girl fearlessly faces down angry lion - Jan 12, 2012
- Eid-ul-Zuha is about the spirit of sacrifice (Comment) - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: ace, bush, diet, emotional reunion, faces, harrods, heart, hind legs, john rendall, lion, london, mirror, paws, period of time, precious moments, sensation, shoulders, two men, young men, youtube