Eminem pens ode to DetroitApril 7th, 2009 - 1:30 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 7 (IANS) Rapper Eminem has paid a musical tribute to his native city Detroit that has been hit hard by recession.
Detroit has been hit harder than most US regions as the economic crisis deepens and threatens the Michigan carmaking industry. But Eminem is offering hope to those fearing the worst in the form of a hard-hitting new public service announcement, reported contactmusic.com.
“Detroit. There is a resilience that rises from somewhere deep in your streets. You can’t define it but you can feel it; you can feel it overflowing from the people who call you home. Your name still carries with it the idea of a nation built on steel, muscle and sweat. You became the city that carried a country,” reads the song.
“When you hurt we hurt. Your streets witness our struggle. We remain Detroit. My home, the home of Motown, Cadillac and Joe Louis. You’ve built us, you’ve moved us, you’ve shaped us.”
The rapper’s ode to his hometown was filmed to celebrate the city and give national attention to its dilemmas.
- Chrysler 200 Super Bowl Commercial By Eminem Works Wonders - Feb 07, 2011
- Johansson worried about her body (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Eminem's memory loss woes - Oct 19, 2011
- Cliff Richard to team up with Motown's artists for new album, tour - Mar 08, 2011
- How criminals use Facebook to commit crime - Dec 20, 2010
- Turning 20: The beginning of 'quarter life crisis'? - Aug 28, 2011
- Eminem takes Apple to court over iTunes case yet again - Oct 15, 2010
- Detroit bus driver suspended for driving with passenger on lap - Jan 15, 2011
- Katy Perry finds comfort in ex-boyfriend - Feb 05, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson's body worries - Apr 25, 2012
- You've got to love yourself first: Lopez - Oct 28, 2011
- Eminem's bulletproof vest shocked Jay-Z - Jan 16, 2010
- Deer impaled on Eminem's fence given to needy family - Jan 22, 2011
- Liam Neeson on wife Natasha's death: 'It hits me in the middle of the night' - Feb 17, 2011
- Obama's State of the Union Full Text - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: cadillac, contactmusic, economic crisis, eminem, hometown, joe louis, london, motown, musical tribute, national attention, pens, public service announcement, recession, resilience, struggle, sweat