Elections amid all other matters gone into abeyance: Pak MinisterNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:27 am ICT by admin
“Elections will be held but the dates may be adjusted because of emergency rule in the country,” Deputy Information Minister Tariq Azeem said.
“Nothing is certain at the moment,” The News quoted him, as saying.
Before the clampdown, military ruler Musharraf had repeatedly said the federal and provincial assemblies would complete their five-year term expiring on November 15, and the nation would go to the polls under a caretaker set-up.
The government has said the elections would be held within 60 days after that, and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz said in October that the elections would be held in mid-January. (ANI)
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
- Independent Election Commission sought in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
- Ex-PM Aziz not to join Musharraf's party, says 'politics not for everyone' - Jun 10, 2010
- Pak PM holds farewell meet with Musharraf - Nov 15, 2007
- 'Embarrassed' Musharraf's close aides shying away from commenting on his misdeeds - Sep 16, 2009
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Musharraf had coup plans since becoming COAS in '98: Ex Pak Army Chief - Oct 12, 2010
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
- Iraq Sentences Former Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz To Death - Oct 27, 2010
- Vatican asks Iraq not to execute 'Christian' ex-minister Tariq Aziz - Oct 27, 2010
- Pak SC accepts 'contempt of court' petition against Musharraf, Shaukat Aziz - Dec 03, 2010
- Pak Chief Justice to decide if Musharraf should be prosecuted for defying SC order - Feb 03, 2011
- Sharjah ruler writes off two citizens' debts - Apr 14, 2012
- Pakistan court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf - Feb 13, 2011
- Don't worry, passport office at ITO by mid-January - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: abeyance, azeem, caretaker, emergency rule, information minister, military ruler, musharraf, november 15, parliamentary elections, prime minister, provincial assemblies, repeatedly, said schedule, shaukat aziz, state of emergency, tariq