Elderly couples’ safe sex promotion video goes awryApril 16th, 2012 - 12:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 16 (IANS) A US firm’s promotional video featuring elderly couples simulating sexual acts has left many people flabbergasted.
The video campaign, released by US organisation SaferSex4Seniors.org, has been designed to promote safe sex through use of condoms following news that STDs among sexually-active seniors in Florida had risen by 71 percent over the past five years, the Daily Mail reported.
The 30-second video, released on YouTube, shows a group of elderly men and women mocking the performance of challenging sexual positions.
DDB, the New York-based advertising agency which produced the video, has defended its campaign, describing it as a “strategic choice to use humour and shock value”.
Safer Sex For Seniors, aims to provide “accurate, up-to-date information from experts in the field”.
It is formed of an independent collective of professional sexuality educators, researchers, authors, trainers, counsellors, and therapists and provides fact sheets and advice via its website.
Many people, however, believe the group, has taken shock tactics too far while promoting a worthy cause.
- 11-year-olds in US can now order condoms via mail - Apr 15, 2011
- Philadelphia offering condoms to kids as young as 11 has parents on edge - Apr 15, 2011
- Brazil to distribute 20 mn female condoms - Mar 21, 2012
- Cambridge U students clueless about unsafe sex? - Nov 05, 2011
- Philadelphia parents disgusted that 11 year olds are being given condoms - Apr 18, 2011
- New NHS video to encourage teen to use condoms branded pornographic - Nov 14, 2010
- Viagra users more likely to have STDs - Jul 06, 2010
- Eyeing small town India, subsidised condom set to be trendier - Jun 25, 2012
- Children of a lesser god... on Kolkata's streets - Dec 28, 2011
- Condom cell phone charms become a rage among Chinese teens - Dec 28, 2010
- Azad's comments on MSM shocking: Gay community - Jul 05, 2011
- Condoms, sex issues taboo no more at Jamia Millia (Feature) - Sep 14, 2010
- Over 45s 'unaware of safe sex' - Sep 14, 2010
- Men reach orgasm after vaginal intercourse while women with oral sex - Oct 04, 2010
- Sex mad backpackers behind STDs crisis Down Under - Mar 28, 2010
Tags: advertising agency, condoms, counsellors, daily mail, ddb, elderly couples, elderly men, fact sheets, safe sex, safer sex, sex promotion, sexual acts, sexual positions, sexuality educators, shock tactics, shock value, stds, video campaign, worthy cause, youtube