Eight wounded in north Kashmir explosionApril 28th, 2008 - 1:07 am ICT by admin
Srinagar, April 27 (IANS) Seven civilians and a special police officer (SPO) were injured late Sunday in a powerful explosion in Sopore town of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district. Police said separatist guerrillas targeted a police party in the main Sopore town, 54 km from here, by hurling a grenade which exploded injuring eight people.
“All the injured were taken to the Sopore hospital for treatment. Attending doctors referred the seriously injured SPO to the SMHS hospital in Srinagar for treatment,” a senior police officer said.
He said the injured civilians were being treated in the sub-district hospital of Sopore.
The area was cordoned off and searched by the security forces.
No guerilla group has yet claimed responsibility for the explosion.
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- One civilian injured in grenade attack in Kashmir - Jan 27, 2012
- Seven wounded in Kashmir blast - Dec 25, 2009
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- Four injured in Kashmir attack (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Security personnel killed, another injured in Kashmir attack - Sep 08, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Five CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir attack - Jun 17, 2012
- Militants kill cop in Kashmir - Jun 08, 2011
- Six injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jun 24, 2011