Eight US soldiers killed in AfghanistanOctober 28th, 2009 - 12:59 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, Oct 27 (DPA) Eight US soldiers and an Afghan civilian working for the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) were killed Tuesday in a series of attacks in southern Afghanistan, military officials said.
A statement issued by ISAF said several soldiers were injured by self-made explosive devices that were used in the “complex” attacks. No further details were released.
On Monday, at least 14 US soldiers were killed in helicopter accidents in Afghanistan.
- Turkish military helicopter crashes in Kabul, killing 16 - Mar 18, 2012
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan attack - Jan 22, 2012
- Two soldiers killed in NATO chopper crash - Jun 06, 2012
- 13 US soldiers die in Kabul bombing - Oct 29, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills NATO soldier in southern Afghanistan - Mar 27, 2012
- Two NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan blast - Jul 23, 2012
- Nine killed in Afghan helicopter crash (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- Bomb blast kills 5 more NATO troops in southern Afghanistan - Aug 11, 2011
- Attack on US airbase in Afghanistan kills two - Mar 06, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- NATO chopper crashes in Afghanistan, nine killed - Sep 21, 2010
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomber kills NATO troops, children near market - May 21, 2012
- Two dead, 100 injured in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 11, 2011
- NATO troops kill seven members of private security firm in eastern Afghanistan - Dec 11, 2010
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan insurgent attack - Nov 12, 2011