Eight Maoist guerrillas killedApril 1st, 2008 - 1:54 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, April 1 (IANS) At least eight Maoist guerrillas were killed in an operation by the police and paramilitary forces in Garwah district of Jharkhand, police said Tuesday. Acting on a tip off, security forces raided a Maoist hideout at Monda late Monday, sparking a gun battle that killed the guerrillas.
“This is a big success for the police. Of the eight, one was a sub zonal commander. Two area commanders were also killed,” Jharkhand police spokesperson R.K. Malik said.
The police have recovered 12 weapons - a self-loading rifle (SLR), four .303 rifles, four .315 rifles, one carbine gun, one double barrel gun and one pistol - from the slain Maoists.
The outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) is active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
- Maoist commander killed in Jharkhand (Lead) - Aug 01, 2010
- Three Maoists killed in Jharkhand gunfight - Jan 09, 2011
- Maoists kill two CISF men at Chhattisgarh mining site - Nov 16, 2011
- Police kill nine suspected Maoists in Jharkhand (Lead) - Jan 28, 2011
- Fresh Maoist attacks feared in Chhattisgarh towns - Apr 09, 2010
- Two Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - May 21, 2011
- Five Maoists held in Jharkhand - Jan 19, 2011
- Maoist held while campaigning for wife in Jharkhand - Dec 08, 2010
- One Maoist killed, two held in Jharkhand - Sep 17, 2010
- Maoists shot policemen in head, burnt two - Jan 22, 2012
- Two Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 14, 2011
- Five Maoist rebels arrested in Jharkhand - Sep 29, 2009
- Maoist regional commander killed in Jharkhand - Jul 20, 2012
- Maoist surrenders in Jharkhand - Mar 28, 2011
- Hardcore Maoist held in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: 303 rifles, april 1, barrel gun, carbine, communist party of india, CPI, gun battle, hideout, malik, maoist, maoist guerrillas, maoists, paramilitary forces, pistol, police spokesperson, security forces, self loading rifle, weapons