Eight killed in Kenya road accidentDecember 19th, 2011 - 9:25 am ICT by IANS
Nairobi, Dec 19 (IANS) At least eight people, including six women and a child, were killed Sunday in a road accident near Makindu town of eastern Kenya after a public transport bus rammed into an oil tanker.
According to divisional police chief Sarah Duncan, the accident that occurred early Sunday involved an Akamba bus which was travelling to Nairobi and rammed into an oil tanker, heading towards Mombasa city along the Nairobi-Mombasa highway, Xinhua reported.
Duncan confirmed six women, a man and a child comprised the deceased in the accident that occurred about 30 km from Makindu town.
“The Akamba bus driver who survived the accident told the police that the oil truck had veered onto the Mombasa bound lane,” Duncan said.
The truck driver and his loader fled the scene immediately after the accident.
- Passenger bus overturns in southeast Kenya, killing 12 - Apr 02, 2012
- Women Kabaddi team's bus catches fire, two die - Nov 17, 2011
- Eight tourists killed in Orissa road accident - Oct 09, 2011
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- 47 killed in two China expressway collisions - Aug 26, 2012
- NATO oil tanker crashes into van in Afghanistan, killing 7 - Apr 07, 2012
- Four burnt alive as trucks collide in Haryana - Jul 28, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Kenyan football lovers keep off pubs during Euro final - Jul 02, 2012
- Kenya minister killed in chopper crash - Jun 10, 2012
- Six of family killed in accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Over 5,000 athletes for Mombasa Marathon - Aug 24, 2012
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Minor child killed, five injured in accident - Nov 21, 2011
- Six of a family die in accident - May 23, 2011