Eight killed in KarachiMay 6th, 2012 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 6 (IANS) At least eight people, including a police officer, have been gunned down in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi in separate incidents, the Dawn reported Sunday.
Assistant sub inspector of police Aslam was injured Saturday after an unidentified man shot him in the head in Gulshan-e-Iqbal town. He succumbed to his injuries at the hospital.
In another incident, a man was shot dead in Sohrab Goth’s Al-Asif Square.
A police van was attacked near Hassan square area, injuring two policemen.
Earlier in the day, three people were shot dead in Karachi’s Kati Pahari area after unidentified armed assailants opened fire, said police.
The deceased were later identified as Muzamil, 25, Riaz, 30, and Ghayas Shah, 40. Two of them belonged to a political party. The killings evoked tension in the area and angry protesters torched two motorbikes.
In another incident, three bodies were found near Metro cinema area, Surjani town and Araam Bagh. The victims were kidnapped and later shot dead.
Police and rangers later carried out a flag march in different areas following the killings Saturday.
- UN medical team attacked in Pakistan - Jul 17, 2012
- Four killed in Karachi violence - Jun 05, 2012
- Six killed in Karachi's day of violence - May 21, 2012
- WHO staff injured in Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Grenade attack on Karachi departmental store - Jul 29, 2012
- Six killed in Karachi violence - Jul 24, 2011
- PPP Senator's guard, guard's son torched in Karachi - Nov 26, 2010
- Three killed in Karachi - Aug 14, 2011
- Journalist among 14 killed in Pakistan violence (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Karachi killings' toll rises to 39 - Jul 07, 2011
- Three, including ANP activist killed in Pakistan - Mar 28, 2011
- Karachi tense as target killings' toll rises to 37 - May 21, 2010
- Taliban militants planning attack on Karachi arrested - Nov 30, 2010
- Pakistan nabs 'most wanted criminal' in Karachi for 58 killings - Mar 28, 2011
- Karachi violence death toll rises to sixteen in 24 hours - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: angry protesters, araam, asif, aslam, assailants, bagh, dawn, deceased, goth, hassan, islamabad, kati, killings, metro cinema, motorbikes, muzamil, police officer, police van, policemen, unidentified man