Eight killed in Bolivia bus collisionJanuary 17th, 2012 - 7:00 am ICT by IANS
La Paz (Bolivia), Jan 17 (IANS) At least eight people were killed and 12 injured after a minibus and a public transport bus collided in the Bolivian city of La Paz Sunday, said traffic police.
The accident occurred at midnight, killing five people on the spot while three others died Monday due to serious injuries, Xinhua quoted Victorino Torrez, chief of Police Traffic Accidents’ Division, as saying.
“There are two more people who are in a very serious state, we hope they can survive,” said Torrez.
The driver of the minibus, carrying three families, lost control after its brakes failed and it rammed into a public transit bus, said Torres.
- 20 killed in Bolivia accident - Apr 20, 2012
- 25 killed in Bolivia accident - Jun 27, 2010
- Two tonnes of uranium seized in Bolivia - Aug 29, 2012
- 28 dead, 44 hurt in Bolivia bus accident - Jun 28, 2010
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Six killed in Maharashtra accident - Jun 29, 2011
- 28 dead, 10 injured in bus accident in southern Bolivia - Jun 28, 2011
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- 27 killed, 29 injured in Maharashtra accident (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 15 dead in Bolivia accidents - Jun 25, 2010
- 10 killed, 82 injured in Bolivia bus crash - Jan 31, 2010
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011
- Nine killed in Zambia bus accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012
Tags: bolivian city, brakes, bus collision, chief of police, la paz bolivia, minibus, police traffic, public transit, public transport, traffic accidents, traffic police, transit bus, transport bus, xinhua