Eight killed as car hits pedestrians in JakartaJanuary 22nd, 2012 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarata, Jan 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) At least eight people, including a child, were killed and four injured after a minivan hit 12 pedestrians in Indonesian capital Jakarata.
The accident occurred when a woman driving a minivan, with her three friends as passengers, lost control of the vehicle and ploughed into the pedestrians, the Jakarta Post reported Sunday, quoting the police.
Jakarta traffic police deputy chief Wahyono said the dead comprised three women, four men and a two-and-a-half-year-old child, adding that the injured were being treated at a hospital.
“We took the female driver and her three friends to the police station for further questioning,” the paper quoted him as saying.
- Russian woman found living with husband's body - Mar 11, 2012
- Space factory worker held for making weapons - May 31, 2012
- Blast rips through Nigerian church on Christmas - Dec 25, 2011
- Naked driver hits 17 cars in Moscow - Oct 31, 2011
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- Italy quake toll rises to 15 (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Five die as police chase suspect in Kazakhstan - Nov 12, 2011
- Four Russian sailors die of poisoning in Indonesia - Jun 24, 2011
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- Iran's n-plant to reach full capacity in February - Jan 08, 2012
- Russia to launch ESA satellites Sunday - Dec 12, 2011
- Iran finds large gas deposit in Caspian Sea - Dec 11, 2011
- Russia registers three more political parties - Jun 05, 2012
- Thaksin's sister set to be Thai PM - Jul 03, 2011
- Gaddafi's wife and daughter flee to Tunisia: Al Jazeera - May 18, 2011