Eight die in Kabul bombingAugust 7th, 2012 - 12:04 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Aug 7 (IANS) Eight civilians were killed and four injured Tuesday morning when a bomb planted by the Taliban targeted a bus on the outskirts of this Afghan capital, the interior ministry said.
“Eight civilians were killed and four others injured as a bomb planted by the Taliban terrorists went off near a bus in Khaldari area of Paghman district in west of Kabul at around 5.20 a.m. Tuesday,” Xinhua reproted, citing a statement from the ministry.
A suspect was arrested by the police. A remote control device used in detonating the bomb was found in his possession.
Kabul police found two bombs planted to target government employees buses in Sheena district in east of Kabul Aug 2.
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Five construction workers killed in Afghanistan - Sep 21, 2010
- Roadside bomb kills 14 civilians in Helmand - Dec 31, 2010
- Twelve killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- 19 killed in Afghanistan roadside blast - Dec 07, 2011
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Iraq attacks - Dec 20, 2011
- 52 dead, 130 injured in triple Afghanistan bombings - Dec 06, 2011
- Four die, 56 hurt in bomb attacks on Pakistan Navy buses (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Two kids killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 12, 2012
- Three killed Afghanistan mine blast - Dec 23, 2011
- Blasts rock Kabul, Taliban target US embassy - Sep 13, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills 15 in Afghanistan - Jun 11, 2011
- 20 killed as suicide bomber targets funeral in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Four killed in Afghanistan bomb blast - Nov 22, 2011
- Terrorist attack foiled in Kabul - Nov 30, 2011