Eight die as truck ploughs into Brazil processionDecember 10th, 2011 - 11:12 am ICT by IANS
Sao Paulo, Dec 10 (IANS/EFE) Eight people were killed when an out-of-control truck ploughed into a religious procession in the northeastern Brazilian town of Feira Grande, authorities said.
The truck’s brakes failed as it was going downhill toward the town, media outlets said, citing reports from firefighters and Alagoas state police.
After cutting a swath through the procession, the truck crashed into a building, bursting into flames on impact. The driver was trapped inside the cab and burned to death.
- Mob kills murder suspect in Brazil - May 16, 2012
- Five cities hold 25 percent of Brazil's national wealth - Dec 15, 2011
- Chemical spill forces Brazilian port's closure - May 07, 2012
- Brazil police probe virginity auctions - Dec 16, 2010
- General Motors imposes lockout at Brazil complex - Jul 25, 2012
- Four die in Brazil plane crash - Feb 17, 2012
- Soccer player dies during match in Brazil - Jul 09, 2012
- Brazil actor seriously injured - Apr 08, 2012
- Brazilian oil firm says refining shortfall to last until 2013 - Mar 15, 2012
- Eight gunned down in Brazilian city - Jul 13, 2012
- Ricky Martin expresses his admiration for Miss Universe - Aug 30, 2011
- Spain seeks stronger trade ties with Brazil - May 18, 2012
- Teen dies at Brazil amusement park - Feb 26, 2012
- Nine charred bodies found in Mexico - Nov 24, 2011
- Chinese oil firm eyes investments in Brazil - Oct 13, 2011