Eight die as Taliban attack Afghan governorSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mahmoud Raqi (Afghanistan), Sep 3 (IANS) Eight people, including four Taliban militants, were killed in an attack on the governor of Afghanistan’s Kapisa province but he escaped unhurt, a spokesman for the governor said.
“A group of Taliban rebels ambushed the motorcade of Mehrabudin Safi in Tagab district. Police escorting the governor returned fire, killing four attackers,” Qais Qadiri told Xinhua.
Four policemen were also killed in the firefight, he said.
Taliban militants are active in parts of Kapisa province, 65 km north of Kabul.
- Seven die in Afghan suicide bomb attack - Jun 15, 2011
- Two policemen among 12 killed in Afghan clash - Jan 19, 2012
- Afghans hold anti-US demonstration - Mar 10, 2012
- Four dead in attack on Afghan governor's office - Apr 28, 2012
- 27 militants killed in Afghanistan - Nov 17, 2011
- Six Taliban killed, 19 surrender in Afghanistan - Feb 13, 2012
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills NATO soldier - Feb 01, 2012
- Afghan governor attacked, unhurt - Oct 16, 2011
- 22 Taliban, five cops killed in Afghan attack - Jul 08, 2012
- Five policemen killed in Afghan blast - Sep 02, 2012