Egyptian president to visit ChinaAugust 23rd, 2012 - 9:30 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 23 (IANS) Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi will pay a state visit to China from Aug 28 to 30 at the invitation of Chinese President Hu Jintao, said Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei Wednesday.
This visit will be Morsi’s first visit to China since taking office. China attaches great importance to the visit, Xinhua quoted Hong as saying.
The spokesperson noted that the Chinese leaders will hold talks and meetings with the Egyptian president to exchange views on bilateral ties, international and regional issues of common concern.
The two sides will sign a series of cooperation documents during Morsi’s visit, Hong said, adding that he believes that the visit will further promote the development of bilateral friendly cooperative relations under the new situation.
Egypt was the first Arab country and the first African country to establish diplomatic relations with China, the spokesman said, stressing that bilateral ties have seen long-term healthy and stable development ever since.
- Iranian, Egyptian presidents discuss NAM objectives, region - Aug 30, 2012
- Hillary Clinton holds discussions with Egyptian military chief - Jul 15, 2012
- Spain, Egypt to create consortium to foster investment - Sep 11, 2012
- Hu to attend Nuclear Security and BRICS summits, visit Cambodia - Mar 19, 2012
- Obama invites Egyptian president to visit US - Jul 09, 2012
- Chinese, US presidents meet on bilateral ties - Jun 20, 2012
- Chinese president, Canadian PM discuss strategic ties - Sep 09, 2012
- Chinese, Mexican presidents discuss ties - Jun 18, 2012
- Ahmadinejad invites Morsi to non-aligned meet in Iran - Jul 06, 2012
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- Chinese, South Korean presidents meet in Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
- Egypt safe for tourists, says president - Aug 06, 2012
- No restrictions for tourists in Egypt - Jun 30, 2012
- Hu Jintao's 'landmark' US visit to 'revolutionize' US-China ties - Oct 22, 2010
- Clinton, Morsi discuss US-Egypt relations - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: arab country, bilateral ties, china beijing, chinese leaders, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, cooperative relations, diplomatic relations, egyptian president, exchange views, foreign ministry spokesperson, hu jintao, invitation, new situation, president hu jintao, president mohamed, regional issues, spokesman, stable development, xinhua