Efforts still on to douse fire at Delhi’s Chandni Chawk (Second Lead)November 29th, 2010 - 2:30 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 29 (IANS) A major fire broke out Sunday evening at a warehouse in Delhi’s Chandni Chowk market, officials said. Three firemen and a policemen were injured while fighting the blaze, which was still to be doused till past midnight.
“Two of our firemen have major injuries. They have been rushed to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash (LNJP) Hospital,” a fire brigade official said.
According to the official, the fire broke out at 5 p.m. Around 30 firetenders, which were rushed to the spot, took control of the blaze after seven hours but efforts were still on to douse the fire.
“It was a warehouse for plastic bags. Plastic catches fire easily and spreads quickly. It is thus taking time to contain the fire,” the official added.
The warehouse is on the ground floor of the four-storey building and the officials suspect a short-circuit could have caused the fire.
“No resident has been injured. The power supply to the area was snapped while people residing in the adjoining buildings were evacuated as a precaution,” the official said.
- Fire rages at Chandni Chowk warehouse - Nov 29, 2010
- Four injured fighting blaze in Delhi's Chandni Chowk (Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Chandni Chowk fire extinguished, four hurt (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Chandni Chowk blaze claims one life - Nov 30, 2010
- Four killed in Delhi warehouse fire - Nov 13, 2011
- Woman killed in Delhi factory fire - Jan 26, 2011
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Two burnt to death in Delhi - Apr 06, 2011
- Blaze in Delhi eatery - Oct 26, 2011
- Fire breaks out in Delhi's Chandni Chowk - Nov 28, 2010
- Fire in central Delhi building (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Building catches fire in Uttar Pradesh, four injured - May 24, 2011
- Fire in Delhi building, no casualty - May 30, 2010