Edward Kennedy in hospital with possible strokeMay 17th, 2008 - 11:24 pm ICT by admin
Washington, May 17 (DPA) Veteran Democratic Senator Edward Kennedy was taken to hospital Saturday amid symptoms of a possible stroke, the television news network CNN reported. CNN quoted sources as saying that the Massachusetts senator, 76, had shown “stroke-like symptoms”.
According to a report by the Cape Cod Times, Kennedy was rushed by ambulance from the family compound in Hyannisport to Cape Cod Hospital after falling ill.
The report also said that after two hours in the emergency room there, a decision was made to transfer Kennedy to the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Kennedy is the last surviving brother of President John F. Kennedy, who was assassinated in November 1963. Another brother, Robert Kennedy, was assassinated in June 1968 while seeking the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
The Massachusetts senator, long an icon of the liberal wing of the Democratic Party, most recently made the headlines in late January when he publicly endorsed Barack Obama’s bid for the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination.
- Special Olympics founder, Eunice Shriver very ill - Aug 11, 2009
- Kennedy's death brings end to historic chapter: Obama - Aug 26, 2009
- Robert Kennedy's assassin denied parole for 13th time - Mar 03, 2011
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- Obama to speak at Kennedy funeral; burial at Arlington (Lead) - Aug 27, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-I) - Aug 26, 2009
- Edward Kennedy, liberal lion, scion of American royalty (Obituary) - Aug 26, 2009
- Kennedy's funeral to be attended by five US presidents - Aug 28, 2009
- FBI files show that Ted Kennedy received threats - Jun 15, 2010
- Ted Kennedy faced several deaths threat after brothers' assassinations: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- RIP Ted Kennedy: Lion of the Senate at peace - Aug 26, 2009
- Edward Kennedy to be buried in Arlington Cemetery Saturday - Aug 27, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-II) - Aug 26, 2009
- Attorney General Maratha Coakley Massachusetts' Democratic Candidate For Senate Seat - Dec 09, 2009
- Edward Kennedy To Have Boston Funeral - Aug 27, 2009
Tags: barack obama, brother robert, cape cod, cape cod hospital, cape cod times, cnn, democratic senator, edward kennedy, family compound, hyannisport, john f kennedy, liberal wing, massachusetts general hospital, network cnn, november 1963, president john f kennedy, presidential nomination, report also said that, robert kennedy, senator edward kennedy