Eco-friendly knickers are flying off British stores shelvesApril 17th, 2009 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 17 (ANI): Knickers, made from planet friendly fabrics, have been fast disappearing from the British shelves.
The idea of fair trade organic knickers came to Sarah Lucy Smith for her final project while studying the Eco Design course at Goldsmiths University.
She later joined forces with school friend Rose Cleary-Southwood and thus GreenKnickers came about.
And now the zero carbon pants are so popular that they have been flying off the shelves and a new wedding range is planned next in line.
“We started GreenKnickers to prove that ethical can be funny, beautiful and sexy. The fabrics are so gorgeous, and super-duper green,” Sky News quoted Sarah as saying.
“They’re selling extremely well. Some customers say they’re the comfiest knickers they’ve ever worn,” she added.
The global warming undergarments, made from fabrics such as organic cotton, hemp and silk, reaches in a box made from recycled paper.
A pair, costing up to 25 pounds, plus 3 pounds for postage and packaging, even changes its colour as it warms up due to thermo-chromic inks. (ANI)
- NYU grad students create high-tech sweatshirts that detect air pollution - Jan 20, 2011
- It'll be a 'small miracle' if Girls Aloud continue, says producer - Apr 14, 2010
- How to make your sex life ''greener'' - Mar 03, 2009
- Solar energy bouncing off pavements 'can melt ice, power streetlights' - Nov 10, 2010
- Eco-friendly interiors the new mantra - Jun 20, 2012
- Now, intelligent paper memo notes with built-in alarm clock - Apr 10, 2008
- Alicia Silverstone to launch eco-friendly cosmetics - Aug 28, 2009
- Toying with ponies -- some horse sense this! - May 18, 2012
- Ghana bans second hand knickers, used handkerchiefs and mattresses - Nov 28, 2010
- Green car made of cannabis on its way - Aug 24, 2010
- Bollywood fever grips Toronto as stars land for IIFA show - Jun 22, 2011
- Now, steer clear of 'Cinderella Syndrome' with stumble-free stilettos! - Dec 24, 2010
- Cougar effect boosts lingerie sales among middle-aged women - May 01, 2010
- 'The Biggest Loser' premiere shows an interesting cast - Jan 05, 2011
- Scientists create jewel-toned organic phosphorescent crystals - Feb 15, 2011