East Coast Railway to run special trains this summerMarch 14th, 2008 - 11:53 am ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar, March 14 (IANS) The East Coast Railway has decided to introduce at least 13 pairs of special trains from next month to facilitate people who wish to travel between Puri and Kolkata during the summer holidays, an official said. “The super fast weekly summer special trains will run from April 1 to June 24 to cater to the large number of passengers during the summer holidays,” an East Coast Railway official told IANS.
The 0896 Puri-Howrah special train, which will run on the most popular route, will leave Puri at 09.45 p.m. Tuesdays and reach Howrah at 06.45 a.m. Wednesdays.
In the other direction, it will leave Howrah at 08.55 p.m. Wednesdays and reach Puri at 06.00 a.m. Thursdays.
This special train will have one AC-2 tier, two AC-3 tier, nine sleeper-class and six general second-class coaches as well as two guard cum luggage vans.
It will stop at Khurda Road, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Jajpur-Keonjhar Road, Bhadrak, Balasore and Kharagpur stations between Puri and Howrah.
- East Coast Railway to run 24 summer special trains - Mar 03, 2011
- No night trains in Maoist-affected areas till Aug 11 - Aug 06, 2010
- No night movement of trains in Maoist-hit areas till Friday - Aug 03, 2010
- Special train from Howrah to Ajmer train for Urs - May 28, 2011
- Neelachal express derails after hitting road roller in Orissa - Feb 27, 2011
- Protesters disrupt train services in Orissa - Nov 16, 2009
- Monsoon hits Orissa - Jun 13, 2010
- Train hits road roller, derails; passengers safe - Feb 27, 2011
- 15 killed, 100 injured as train derails in Orissa (Fourth Lead) - Feb 14, 2009
- 62 special trains for Puri Rath Yatra - Jun 20, 2012
- Relatives complain lack of information on rail tragedy - Feb 14, 2009
- Train schedule goes haywire after derailment - May 28, 2010
- Special trains for Rath Yatra in Orissa - Jul 10, 2010
- Tracks repaired at Orissa accident site, train services normal - Feb 15, 2009
- Night passenger trains suspended - Jul 04, 2010