Earthquake rocks ChinaMarch 23rd, 2009 - 11:10 am ICT by IANS
Guiyang (China), March 23 (Xinhua) An earthquake rocked China’s Guizhou province late Sunday. No casualties were reported, authorities said.
The earthquake measuring 4.7 on the Richter Scale jolted Weining Yi Hui and Miao Autonomous County at 8.48 p.m. Sunday, according to China’s seismological network.
No casualties had been reported, Wang Bingrong, party chief of Weining County, said by phone.
A few farmhouses cracked or collapsed in the quake, said county chief Wu Xuejun, who went to the epicenter to coordinate rescue efforts.
“The government officials went to schools soon after the quake to check their safety,” Wu said.
- Five die in China quake - Sep 07, 2012
- 24 killed, 150 injured in China quake (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- China quake kills 64, injures over 700 (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Quake hits India's northeast (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 01, 2012
- China quake: Toll rises to 67; over 700 injured - Sep 08, 2012
- Two earthquakes hit northeastern states (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Magnitude 6 quake hits China - Mar 09, 2012
- Quake jolts China - Jul 25, 2011
- 5.6-magnitude quake jolts Tibet - Nov 08, 2009
- Quake rattles Maharashtra - Sep 19, 2011
- Two earthquakes jolt Tibet - Mar 24, 2010
- Over 1,400 evacuated after quake hits China - Dec 02, 2011
- 5.9-magnitude quake hits Fiji region - Mar 27, 2011
- China quake: Toll rises to 80 (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Strong quake hits Taiwan - Jun 10, 2012