Ear-slicing Bulgarian to be deported from BritainSeptember 14th, 2012 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 14 (IANS) A gangster known as the “Butcher of Bulgaria” for slicing off people’s ears and fingers will be deported from Britain to serve 18 years in jail for murder.
Tihomir Georgiev, 44, had pleaded to stay in Britain under the Human Rights Act, and claimed he would not get a fair trial in Bulgaria, The Sun reported.
He said he would be treated badly by police in custody, and that prisons in Bulgaria were “degrading”.
But the judge at London’s Westminster magistrate’s court ruled that he would be extradited.
Georgiev was arrested in January after being traced to a boxing gym in Bermondsey in south London.
He fled Bulgaria last year after being linked to eight killings.
- Anni Dewani's South African killer gets 25 years jail - Aug 08, 2012
- Ronnie Barker's son Adam Barker arrested after years of being on the run - Jul 24, 2012
- After Headley, Tiger Hanif to be test case for UK-India extradition - Mar 24, 2010
- WikiLeaks founder to be extradited to Sweden - Feb 24, 2011
- Jemima Khan offers to help WikiLeaks founder in Swedish extradition fight - Dec 08, 2010
- British navy officer accused of leaking secrets - Mar 10, 2012
- India seeks Mirchi's extradition - Oct 12, 2011
- Briton faces extradition over pirated movie website - Jan 14, 2012
- US Justice Department puts Pak-origin terror suspect on its wanted list - Dec 16, 2010
- Abu Salem gets bail in extortion case (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012