Dutch brewer beats Scottish company to claim world’s strongest beer titleJuly 30th, 2010 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 30 (ANI): A Dutch brewer has created a 120 proof beer breaking the world record, which had been set by a Scottish company, for being the strongest brew.
The new beer, which has been dubbed as “Start the Future”, was created by Nijboer’s Almere-based brewery, ‘t Koelschip (The Refrigerated Ship), and it comes in a one-third litre bottle costing 35 euros.
“You don’t drink it like beer, but like a cocktail - in a nice whisky or cognac glass,” the Telegraph quoted Jan Nijboer, the brewer, as telling a foreign new agency.
Nijboer said he developed the new brew, which is 60 percent alcohol by volume, to keep up with Scottish outfits that were also pushing the boundaries of beer’s alcohol content.
His previous record-holder, a beer called Oblix was 90 proof or 45 percent alcohol by volume, and it was eclipsed by a Scottish beer, dubbed “The End of History”, that reached 55 percent.
“It has become a little competition. You should see it as a joke,” Nijboer added. (ANI)
- British firm brews world's strongest beer - Jul 23, 2010
- Brewdog 'End of History' Beer Packaged in Dead Animals - Jul 23, 2010
- Scottish brewer Brewdog have made the strongest Beer in the word - 'The End of History' - Jul 23, 2010
- UK firm creates 'world's strongest beer' with 41 per cent ale - Feb 17, 2010
- Alcohol unaffected by recession in Russia - Sep 18, 2010
- Kingfisher was official beer at New York tennis tourney - Jul 27, 2012
- Brit firm launches world's strongest beer at $762 a bottle - Jul 23, 2010
- Homebrew Kits To Accelerate The Process Of Homebrewing - Jan 11, 2011
- Heineken announces $4.1 bn bid for Singapore brewer - Jul 21, 2012
- Steroid-packed beer contains Olympic banned substances - Jul 26, 2012
- 'World's Strongest Beer' launched in UK - Nov 28, 2009
- South African brewers launch "military operation" to avert World Cup beer crisis! - May 31, 2010
- Brit brewery unveils 'Windsor Knot' beer in honour of Royal wedding - Mar 30, 2011
- Brewer creates Vindaloo beer, offal ale & bacon beer - Dec 16, 2010
- 'Breakfast Beer' set to be launched in NZ horrifies alcohol watchdogs - Apr 04, 2011