Dungeon dad Fritzl ‘planned to kill family in acid bath’ to hide crimesNovember 11th, 2010 - 1:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 11 (ANI): Josef Fritzl planned to kill the family he held in a cellar in an acid bath to hide his crimes, he confessed to a teenage cellmate after his arrest.
The 75- year- old man raped his daughter Elisabeth up to 3,000 times in the 24 years he kept her locked in the basement of the family home and fathered seven children by her.
Arsonist Patrick Jakob, 19, who was released in the summer after spending three months locked up with the monster in St Poelten jail, Austria revealed the man’s evil scheme.
“Fritzl told me he was tired of living two lives and wanted to rest in his old age,” the Sun quoted Jakob as saying.
“He said he had two choices - to let them all go and face justice, or kill them. He said he had considered how he would kill them and the best option would be an acid bath, so all traces of his secret family would be destroyed.
“That way no one would ever know what he had done. He could make them all disappear. He had all the details worked out,” he said.
The chilling confession shows how close Fritzl came to escaping punishment for the horrors he inflicted on Elisabeth, now 44, and the three incest kids who lived with her in the cellar.
The children are Kerstin, now 21, Stefan, 20, and Felix, seven.
Three more - Lisa, 18, Monika, 16, and Alexander, 14 - lived upstairs with Fritzl and his wife Rosemarie, 70, in Amstetten, 80 miles west of Vienna.
A seventh, Michael, died days after birth and Fritzl was charged with his murder.
Fritzl was arrested in April 2008 and is likely to spend the rest of his life in a psychiatric institution.
In March last year Fritzl pleaded guilty to false imprisonment and incest, part guilty to rape and sexual abuse, and coercion - but not guilty to slavery and murder.
But after hearing Elisabeth’s testimony in court, he admitted everything. (ANI)
- Fritzl planned to kill his dungeon family in acid bath - Nov 11, 2010
- Josef Fritzl's house to be torn down - Jan 23, 2011
- Josef Fritzl Admits Incest, Faces Prison - Mar 16, 2009
- After locking up, raping daughter, father faces life sentence - Mar 15, 2009
- Austrian incest father pleads 'not guilty' to murder (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2009
- Fritzl moved to CCTV cell to stop suicide attempts - Mar 25, 2009
- Austrian incest father pleads 'not guilty' to murder (Lead) - Mar 16, 2009
- Dungeon dad admits imprisoning daughter in cellar for 24yrs - Mar 16, 2009
- Dungeon dad ''expects to die in jail'' - Mar 07, 2009
- Fritzl trial resumes in Austria - Mar 17, 2009
- Elisabeth Fritzl wants her dad to rot behind bars - Mar 21, 2009
- Fritzl to get extra hour in bed and roast chicken dinner on Christmas Day - Dec 22, 2010
- Austrian incest father Fritzl admits to murder - Mar 18, 2009
- Trial of Austrian incest father Josef Fritzl opens - Mar 16, 2009
- Josef Fritzl 'demanding retrial' - Mar 27, 2010
Tags: 24 years, acid bath, amstetten, arsonist, cellmate, coercion, confession, daughter elisabeth, evil scheme, false imprisonment, incest kids, jakob, monika, monster, psychiatric institution, sexual abuse, slavery, st poelten, two choices, wife rosemarie