Duchess of Cornwall praised for her bowling skillsMay 12th, 2009 - 12:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 12 (ANI): Duchess of Cornwall was showered with praises for bowling “a good length” despite trying her hand at the sport for the first time.
The wife of Prince of Wales was at the Box Bowls Club in Wiltshire for the opening of their new 400,000-pound clubhouse when she was encouraged to take up the challenge.
“I’ve never bowled before but I’ll have a go,” the Telegraph quoted the Duchess as saying.
While her debut attempt fell short of nearly two metres, her second go, a “jack high”, won her praises.
Club secretary Jean Collier, 63, said: “I thought she was great. In bowling terms, she bowled a good length. If you forget her first ball, the second one was jack-high (level with the jack) and that is very important.
“We say the three ‘Ls’ in bowling are line, length and luck. She was very relaxed and the ladies and gentlemen of the club will be delighted she bowled on our green.” (ANI)
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Woman minister gets wolf whistles in French parliament - Jul 21, 2012
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Supermodel claims Prince Charles asked her for 'private catwalk show' - Jan 12, 2011
- Russell Brand's awkward encounter with Prince Charles - Nov 16, 2010
- Attack On Royal Couple Of Britain Following Rise In University Fees - Dec 10, 2010
- Users write abusive posts about Camilla on Queen's Facebook page - Nov 11, 2010
- Being called 'Pommy bastard' in Oz shaped my character: Prince Charles - Jan 27, 2011
- Kate Middleton's parents eye Camilla's old manor house - Mar 22, 2011
- Will-Kat to spend royal wedding eve dusk away from each other - Apr 27, 2011
- Queen leads Kate, Camilla on shopping trip - Mar 03, 2012
- Karl Lagerfeld: 'I don't like Pippa Middleton's face' - Aug 01, 2012
- Duchess Kate's school occupied by squatters - Aug 18, 2012
- Kate's school occupied by squatters (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Prince Charles, wife Camilla to visit Patiala, Chandigarh on Monday - Oct 03, 2010