Dubai’s lewd massage parlours warnedJanuary 26th, 2011 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Jan 26 (ANI): Parlours in Dubai have been warned by prosecutors that if they hire massage therapists to offer sexual services in the parlour it will be categorised as a human trafficking crime.
Woman, S.A., and her son [who remains at-large] have been referred to the Dubai Court of First Instance where they will be prosecuted for sexually exploiting three Asian girls and forcing them to offer sexual services to men in massage parlours, said Dubai Attorney General Essam Eisa Al Humaidan.
“This is the first case of its kind and in which Dubai Public Prosecution [DPP] has referred suspects accused of human trafficking - based on exploitation by compulsory sexual services,” Gulf News quoted Al Humaidan as saying in a media statement.
“The victims weren’t paid their salaries. We have asked the court for a stringent implementation of the anti-human trafficking law,” he added.
According to the bill of charges, the three Asian girls were obliged to offer sexual services under coercion and under the threat of being detained.
Chief Prosecutor Bin Khatem, assistant head of DPP’s special committee that investigates human trafficking cases revealed that the incident happened in a massage parlour in Rifaa Area. (ANI)
- Indian men charged with molestation not rape of Indian girl in Dubai - Feb 28, 2011
- Dubai ruler orders release of 334 prisoners - Nov 03, 2011
- Chidambaram asks police forces to get enrolled in 'Anti-Human Trafficking Certificate Course' - Dec 10, 2010
- Canada to ban sex trade from hiring foreign workers - Jul 05, 2012
- India ratifies UN Convention against Organised Crime - May 13, 2011
- Five women rescued from Goa 'massage parlour' - Sep 07, 2012
- CBI sets up anti-human trafficking unit - Jan 04, 2012
- Hyderabad Police bans massage parlours - Jun 29, 2010
- Nepal's growing pornography trade preys on women - Jun 16, 2010
- UN launches anti-human trafficking drive in Portugal - Apr 14, 2012
- Delhi turns HIV scanner on massage parlours - May 05, 2011
- Few takers for IGNOU's anti-human trafficking course - May 12, 2011
- Imam in Dubai jailed for possessing nude photos - Feb 07, 2011
- Sexual grooming of white girls an Asian problem: Official - Jun 08, 2012
- Dubai's deputy ruler receives Iraqi consul general - Oct 19, 2011
Tags: asian girls, attorney general, chief prosecutor, coercion, court of first instance, dpp, dubai court, eisa, essam, gulf news, human trafficking, implementation, massage parlour, massage parlours, massage therapists, prosecutors, public prosecution, salaries, sexual services, special committee