Dubai sex-on-the-beach Brit couple return homeDecember 25th, 2008 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 25 (ANI): Vince Acors and Michelle Palmer, the Brit couple convicted of having sex on a beach in Dubai, have returned home in time for the Christmas holidays.
Acors home return had been repeatedly delayed due to ticketing and visa problems, reports the Telegraph.
Meanwhile, Palmer, 36, of Oakham, Rutland flew back to the UK several days ago, her lawyer said.
Acors’’s lawyer Andrew Crossley said: “I can confirm that Vince has now returned to the UK. He’’s in good spirits and is pretty jolly. He’’s absolutely delighted that he’’s home for Christmas.
“I”ve just spoken to him and he’’s very pleased he has finally got back and is looking forward to spending time at his home. He spent the flight back relaxing and watching DVDs.”
The pair were found guilty in October of having sex on the beach in Dubai, which despite its pro-Western outlook still adheres to certain strict Islamic rules and bans sex out of wedlock.
An appeals court last month suspended a three-month jail term but the two were ordered to pay a 1,000 dirham fine for drinking alcohol and ordered expelled from the country.
Palmer, who was working in the Dubai as a publishing executive, was sacked after the allegations emerged. Acors was visiting the country at the time. (ANI)
- Dubai beach sex man re-arrested - Dec 23, 2008
- ''Sex on Dubai beach'' woman returns to UK for Christmas - Dec 24, 2008
- Dubai beach sex Brit couple to appeal - Nov 18, 2008
- Sex on Dubai beach Brit couples jail sentences suspended - Nov 25, 2008
- Dubai sex beach couple enduring frustrating difficulties, says lawyer - Nov 28, 2008
- British sex-on-the-beach couple back home from Dubai - Dec 25, 2008
- Dubai beach sex Brit woman a victim of media trial, says pal - Oct 17, 2008
- Brit man convicted in Dubai beach sex case remains detained - Dec 20, 2008
- DNA tests fail to establish illegal sex on the beach charge against Brit couple - Sep 03, 2008
- Freed Dubai sex-on-the-beach man now admits to Clintonesque-oral sex! - Jan 04, 2009
- Two jailed in UAE for sex out of wedlock - Mar 12, 2012
- Dubai sex-on-the-beach Brit couple face quadruple sentence if appeal fails - Nov 19, 2008
- Dubai beach sex couple facing harshest sentence - Jul 26, 2008
- Brit man in Dubai beach-sex scandal has boozy romp with two girls - Dec 09, 2008
- British mans earlier admission to having sex on Dubai beach may nail him - Sep 02, 2008
Tags: acors, allegations, andrew crossley, appeals court, christmas holidays, couple return, dec 25, drinking alcohol, having sex, home in time, home london, islamic rules, jail term, rutland, sex on the beach, sex out of wedlock, spending time, spirits, telegraph, visa problems