Dubai police identify more Hamas suspectsFebruary 25th, 2010 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Feb 25 (IANS/AKI) Police claim to have identified 15 more suspects involved in the assassination of a Hamas leader at a Dubai hotel in January.
Wednesday’s announcement brings the total number of people allegedly involved in the murder of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh to 26.
Eight members of the group allegedly flew to Dubai via the Italian cities of Rome and Milan, according to the Arab network, ‘al-Arabiya’, even though they did not travel on Italian passports.
One of the founders of Hamas’s military wing, the Izz al-Din Qassam Brigades, Mabhouh was found dead in his hotel room Jan 20.
The assassination, allegedly carried out by people who used fraudulent passports to enter the UAE, has been blamed on the Israeli spy agency, Mossad, and provoked an international furore.
Dubai police have produced a chart tracing the travel routes of both the new and old suspects before and after Mabhouh’s death.
“The suspects gathered in Dubai and dispersed to various locations before pairing up again in different teams and heading off to other destinations,” police said.
The latest list included for the first time three passports attributed to Australian citizens.
The total number of passports allegedly connected to the murder include 12 British, six Irish, three French, three Australian and one German.
Interpol still has a Red Notice in place demanding international assistance to identify the attackers.
- British police visit Israel to probe passport fraud - Feb 27, 2010
- Dubai police call on Interpol to help arrest Mossad head for Hamas commander murder - Feb 19, 2010
- Hamas man's murder suspects went to US, Israel: police - Mar 01, 2010
- Dubai Police accuses five UK passport holders of killing Hamas commander - Feb 16, 2010
- Australia to expel Israeli diplomat over forged passports used in Hamas hit - May 24, 2010
- Britain to expel Israeli diplomat over Hamas killing - Mar 24, 2010
- Mystery surrounds Hamas official's death after Dubai names 15 more suspects - Feb 25, 2010
- Mystery surrounds Hamas official's death after Dubai names 15 more suspects in case - Feb 25, 2010
- Dubai to issue arrest warrant for Netanyahu if Mossad behind Hamas killing - Feb 06, 2010
- Interpol seeks arrest of 16 more suspects in Dubai assassination - Mar 08, 2010
- Irish, Israeli foreign ministers to meet over Dubai death - Feb 21, 2010
- Interpol issues 'Red Notices' in Hamas leader killing - Feb 19, 2010
- The Hit Squad Suspected Of Killing Mahmoud al-Mabhouh Yet To Be Traced - Feb 17, 2010
- Israel arrests 13 suspected terrorists behind murder of U.S. hiker - Jan 27, 2011
- UAE concerned over release of Mossad agent - Aug 14, 2010
Tags: al arabiya, arab network, australian citizens, brigades, dubai hotel, dubai police, furore, hamas, hamas leader, international assistance, israeli spy, italian cities, izz, mahmoud, military wing, mossad, passports, room jan, spy agency, travel routes