Dubai opens ‘world’s highest restaurant’January 24th, 2011 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 24 (ANI): Dubai has set a new record by opening world’s highest restaurant.
A fine dining establishment called At.mosphere has opened on the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa, the tallest tower in the world, at a height of 1,350 feet, reports Fox News.
The eatery is just three feet lower to the ground than the observation deck of the Willis Tower in Chicago, but perhaps more astonishing is that it is not even half way up the 2,717-foot tower, leaving open the possibility that its claim to fame will be short-lived.
The previous record holder was the 360 restaurant in the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada, which is situated at a height of 1,151 feet.
Owners of At.mosphere described its food as eclectic European, and the menu has prices to match the restaurant’s lofty perch.
A cup of coffee costs 8 dollars. (ANI)
- Dubai opens 'world's highest' restaurant - Jan 24, 2011
- French 'Spiderman' scales world's tallest tower in Dubai - Mar 29, 2011
- Tom Cruise: The Superhero In Real Life - Nov 03, 2010
- Tokyo Skytree opens to the public - May 23, 2012
- Dubai's Princess Tower enters Guinness Records - May 21, 2012
- China's tallest building to reach 2,073 feet - May 29, 2012
- Observation deck of world's tallest skyscraper Burj Khalifa reopens - Apr 05, 2010
- Tom Cruise dangles from world's tallest building for stunt scene - Nov 02, 2010
- World's Tallest Tower In Dubai Recommences Functioning - Apr 05, 2010
- Tallest Building In The World, The Dubai Tower Is Set For Inauguration - Jan 04, 2010
- Skydivers Set New Record After Jumping From World's Tallest Building - Jan 11, 2010
- Saudi Arabia to build world's tallest building - Apr 16, 2011
- Shanghai hotel aims to set height record - Dec 20, 2010
- World's tallest TV tower to open for public - May 22, 2012
- Broadcasting Place Tower is the world's best tall building - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,