Dubai launches ‘Clean Up the World’ campaignNovember 14th, 2011 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Nov 14 (IANS/WAM) The Dubai Municipality has launched a “Clean Up the World” campaign, where over 37,000 volunteers collected and disposed of waste materials in an eco-friendly manner, officials said.
A total of 37,824 people from 375 organisations have taken part in the campaign. About 10,000 tonnes of waste have been disposed of.
There were 9,449 school students, 1,350 government officials and 27,025 volunteers from the private sector.
- Over 500 people arrested from Dubai roadsides - Jan 03, 2011
- UAE opens 'green' service station - Jan 07, 2011
- Dubai to host Children's Science Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE emirate launches Quran website - Aug 12, 2012
- Dubai's Princess Tower enters Guinness Records - May 21, 2012
- 15 tonnes of waste collected from UAE seabed - Apr 30, 2012
- UAE launches paper recycling programme - Apr 09, 2010
- GCC countries produce over 22 mn tonnes of municipal waste - May 19, 2010
- UAE charity sends five tonnes of dates to India - Mar 31, 2012
- UAE starts conservation projects (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- Two tonnes of fake cosmetics seized in UAE in 2011 - Feb 13, 2012
- UAE asks workers to complain if salary not paid - May 13, 2011
- Dubai collects old items to give to needy - Jul 07, 2012
- Dubai to build new zoo - Feb 13, 2012