Dubai institute offers new real estate degree programmesAugust 16th, 2008 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 16 (IANS) Dubai Real Estate Institute (DREI), the Gulf’s first institute to focus solely on real estate education, Saturday announced the launch of its three latest degree programmes. The latest programmes will encompass three in-built degrees; master of real estate development, graduate diploma in real estate, and certificate in real estate, according to a DREI statement issued here.
“We are committed to introducing the most relevant programmes in real estate education,” Salem Al Shafiei, managing director of DREI, said in the statement.
“By introducing this unique programme, DREI supports the development of the next generation of professionals and entrepreneurs, and equips them with the ability to deal with dynamic challenges in the local, regional and global real estate industry,” he added.
The six Gulf nations of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are witnessing a huge construction boom.
Projects currently under way in the region are valued at over $1.9 trillion.
DREI plans to enroll 35 executive graduate students for its new postgraduate programme, the deadline for submission of applications of which is Oct 8, 2008. The course starts Oct 28, 2008.
The master of real estate development is a three-semester degree programme, comprising twelve courses with a total of 120 credit hours, allocating 10 credit hours for each course and inclusive of a research project.
“Besides acquiring cutting edge knowledge, the scope covered in the master’s programme will include a fair amount of practical learning,” Al Shafiei said.
“It will also equip participants with advanced analytical techniques to guarantee professional success and career growth in the real estate sector.”
The new degrees are being delivered by DREI in partnership with Australia’s Bond University.
- Real estate lobby to help fund education in the sector - Aug 16, 2012
- US business school ties up with IIM-Lucknow - May 09, 2012
- UAE schools to follow three-semester system - May 26, 2010
- IGNOU opens admission for library science courses - Jul 13, 2012
- EThames Graduate School launches India campus - Feb 08, 2011
- Now, workforce a major bottleneck for realty development (Comment) - Aug 05, 2012
- Dual, integrated management courses for students - Apr 12, 2012
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- Majority of UAE professionals want to pursue higher studies: Study - Apr 06, 2010
- Jamia Millia Islamia to have China and Afghan studies programmes - Nov 16, 2011
- Yale names IIM, Ahmedabad almunus to top post (With images) - Jun 18, 2012
- Programme to train 150 million school drop-outs - Oct 08, 2011
- IGNOU launches full-time MBA course - Mar 16, 2011
- Premji Foundation to open school of education in Hyderabad - Apr 07, 2011
- Eisenberg keen to finish graduation - Aug 13, 2011
Tags: analytical techniques, bond university, career growth, construction boom, degree programmes, development graduate, dynamic challenges, edge knowledge, global real estate, graduate diploma, graduate students, launch, professional success, real estate degree, real estate education, real estate sector, salem al, saudi arabia, trillion, united arab emirates