Dubai based company begins Indian visa servicesApril 6th, 2011 - 1:59 pm ICT by ANI
Abu Dhabi, Apr.6 (ANI): BLS International Services, a Dubai-based company will start handling outsourced Indian passport and visa services from five centres across the UAE.
The company has won a contract from the Indian Embassy and will cater to around 300000 applicants annually.
The centre is located opposite the Main Bus Terminal in Abu Dhabi and was inaugurated by Indian Ambassador MK Lokesh and BLS senior officials.
“The Government of India started outsourcing visa and passport transaction services at the country’s embassies around the world about five years ago to help provide smooth and fast services to community members and those wanting to visit India,” Gulfnews quoted Lokesh as saying.
Lokesh also said that the reduction in service charges announced earlier will come into force from Wednesday. In addition to the passport fee, the service charge for passports will be reduced to 9 Dirhams from 12 Dirhams and for the visa to 37.50 Dirhams from 50 Dirhams.
Raminder Singh, COO of BLS, said that the centre in Abu Dhabi will cater to over 150 applications at its seven counters daily. In Dubai, he said the centre will receive over 400 applications a day.
BLS International offers similar services for Indian expatriates in Kuwait. Its new website and call centre for the customers in the UAE are expected to be operational from Wednesday. (ANI)
- Indian passport, visa service charges in UAE to be cut - Mar 17, 2011
- Indians working in Dubai fed up with chaos at new passport, visa centres - Apr 22, 2011
- Indian missions in UAE announce special Ramadan timings - Jul 29, 2011
- Hiring illegal maid lands UAE Indian expatriate sponsor in a fix - Mar 24, 2011
- Indian missions in US outsource passport services - Apr 06, 2012
- India, UAE sign deal on customs cooperation - Apr 01, 2012
- South Korea opens visa application centre in New Delhi - Apr 02, 2011
- Toll-free helpline launched for Indians in UAE - Nov 24, 2010
- Pakistanis furious as consulate fails to meet demand for passports - Mar 28, 2011
- Indian Govt to set minimum wages for workers wanting to work in UAE - Feb 18, 2011
- UAE trade minister meets Arab business delegation - Jan 21, 2012
- Patil meets UAE president - Nov 22, 2010
- Schengen visa processor VFS expands operations - Apr 18, 2012
- UAE minister attends Indian church service - Mar 11, 2012
- Patil accorded warm welcome in UAE, trade, energy security on her agenda - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,