Drunk judge suspended for kissing attorney, swearing in court!January 14th, 2009 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 14 (ANI): A British judge “fortified” with brandy was suspended for six months after kissing a lawyer, swearing at an usher, and humiliating a prosecutor, a disciplinary tribunal heard.
Deputy District Judge Esther Cunningham, appearing as a lawyer in the hearing, swayed and hung on to a table to get a hold of herself while interrupting proceedings.
A London hearing was told she was also intoxicated during a legal training course and said she wanted to fist the chairman of her legal governing body.
The Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal heard Cunningham had participated as a solicitor in the Lincolnshire hearing on November 8, 2006, representing her cousin.
George Marriott, for, revealed how Cunningham threw foul-mouthed comments at an usher after he refused to reveal the names of the magistrates to her.
She also swore at the prosecution lawyer, calling him by an obscene term, reports the Telegraph.
He said: “The respondent forcibly kissed another solicitor and aggressively demanded to know the identity of other people within the courtroom.
“She behaved as if drunk and refused sit down until encouraged to do so by her assistant.
“She interrupted the magistrates whilst they gave their ruling and was escorted out of the courtroom by a security guard.”
Cunningham, who had initially denied the claims, later admitted to having consumed brandy “to fortify herself”.
In addition to the six-month-ban, Cunningham was also ordered to pay 6,200 pounds after confessing to a series of charges including tainting the profession into disrepute. (ANI)
- Former RAW official disrobes in court, ordered medical check up (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Pakistan attorney general turns abusive in Supreme Court - Jun 15, 2012
- Usher's ex-wife to appeal against custody order - Sep 02, 2012
- NZ teacher deregistered for posing naked for Penthouse mag - May 04, 2011
- Oz man who kissed wife's bottom avoids jail - Jan 25, 2011
- Brit woman jailed after Facebook wedding pics expose her as benefit cheat - Feb 22, 2011
- Nurse had sex on beach with schoolboy - Oct 12, 2011
- Lahore High Court sends notice to PCB for early hearing of Shoaib's appeal - Jan 23, 2011
- Sex worker sues motel for refusing room - Jul 23, 2012
- Brandi Glanville talks about her fake wedding - Jan 04, 2012
- Melbourne lawyer accused of rape "thanked victim" after assault - Dec 08, 2010
- Court seeks police report on action against Prashant Bhushan - Jun 08, 2012
- Faye Bray sacked over raunchy images - Nov 11, 2011
- Nupur Talwar's bail rejected, moves apex court (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Thomas Gooch objects to busty woman in court - May 27, 2011
Tags: brandy, british judge, court london, courtroom, cousin george, deputy district, disrepute, district judge, george marriott, governing body, lincolnshire, magistrates, marriott, prosecution lawyer, prosecutor, respondent, security guard, solicitor, solicitors disciplinary tribunal, usher