Drunk holds man hostage in Moscow kindergartenSeptember 22nd, 2010 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 22 (IANS) A drunken man broke into a kindergarten in Moscow Wednesday and held an employee hostage for several hours in order to hide from police after stabbing a taxi driver.
Sergei Bychkov broke into the kindergarten, put a knife to the neck of an employee and locked himself in the bathroom for several hours, Moscow News reported.
Police tried to negotiate with him, but when their efforts turned futile they broke down the door to detain the man.
Bychkov resisted arrest and bit several police officers in the process.
The hostage was, however, not injured.
Earlier in the day, Bychkov stabbed a cab driver in a row over the fare.
He faces attempted murder charges and could face a life term in prison if convicted. He is also registered as a mentally ill patient and may be transferred to a psychiatric institution.
- Cannibal arrested in Russia - Mar 26, 2012
- 30 Malaysian kids held hostage rescued (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Russian jailed for stabbing driver 34 times - Dec 19, 2011
- Five dead in German hostage crisis (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- When 50 taxi drivers in China helped an ailing colleague - Sep 08, 2012
- American man accused of slashing New York cabbie's throat for being Muslim - Aug 26, 2010
- Bus driver stabbed over two yuan - Mar 22, 2012
- Indian cabbie escapes robbery bid in Australia - Jun 20, 2010
- More Indians assaulted in Australia - Jan 16, 2010
- Knife used for murder Indian-origin taxi driver in Auckland found - Feb 01, 2010
- Now, Victoria Police claims booze, not racism behind attacks on Indian cabbies - Jan 16, 2010
- Russian man charged with cannibalism - Aug 30, 2011
- Man who slashed Muslim charged with hate crimes - Aug 26, 2010
- Mumbai cabbies say no to tobacco - May 31, 2011
- Paris hostage drama ends peacefully - Jul 10, 2012