Drunk Australian teen steals fire engineJuly 24th, 2010 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, July 24 (IANS) An intoxicated 16-year-old boy broke into a fire station in an Australian town and drove off with a fire engine, police said Saturday.
Police said the teenager broke into the fire station at Lithgow, 143 km from Sydney, and stole a 14-tonne fire truck at about 11.45 p.m. Friday, the Daily Telegraph reported.
He also activated the emergency lights and drove off to the Blue Mountains area near Sydney. He was pulled over by police a short time later and was breath-tested, which returned a positive reading of the presence of alcohol.
The teenager was issued a court notice for novice-range drink driving and will also be dealt with for the offences relating to breaking into the fire station and stealing the fire truck, police said.
- Man takes fire truck for joyride in Australia - Feb 02, 2011
- 100 drunk drivers nabbed in Melbourne - Nov 27, 2010
- Policeman assaulted pver breath test - Dec 18, 2010
- Swann blames drink-driving rap on "mercy mission" to rescue his trapped cat! - Aug 17, 2010
- Britons fined in Australia for stealing penguin - May 03, 2012
- Bridge stolen in Poland, sold for scrap - Feb 28, 2012
- Teenage babysitter held stealing for pornography - Oct 09, 2011
- Oz woman's excuse for drink driving - her cat was hungry - Jan 09, 2011
- Four Oz boys aged 11 to 14 charged with sexual assault - Mar 24, 2011
- Woman mows down boyfriend after he broke her iPhone - Jun 07, 2012
- Man banned from driving for 56 years - Jul 23, 2012
- One dead, one injured in goods train accident in Goa - Feb 11, 2012
- Man jailed for stealing ambulance in Britain - Dec 17, 2011
- Picasso stolen from Athens National Gallery - Jan 10, 2012
- Driver held for stealing former employer's car - Apr 30, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,