Drug-laden plane crashes in HondurasJuly 4th, 2012 - 8:52 am ICT by IANS
Tegucigalpa, July 4 (IANS) A small plane carrying 600 kg of cocaine crashed in Honduras Tuesday, police said.
The pilot was killed and his copilot was injured when the aircraft crashed in Olancho province, Xinhua quoted police spokesman Hector Ivan Mejia as saying.
The plane bearing a Colombian flag was being pursued at the time by officers from Honduran Special Investigations Direction and the US Drug Enforcement Agency, Mejia said.
- One killed as drug plane makes forced landing in Honduras - Jul 04, 2012
- 16 members of a family slaughtered in Honduras - Sep 21, 2012
- Honduran police find burnt aircraft - Dec 20, 2011
- Kids among eight hacked to death in Honduras - Jan 12, 2012
- Gang kills 17 in shoemaking workshop in Honduras - Sep 08, 2010
- Police seize 460 kg of cocaine in Honduras - Oct 08, 2010
- Seven tonnes of cocaine found in submarine - Jul 31, 2011
- Journalist kidnapped in Honduras - May 10, 2012
- US Coast Guard seizes ship with 3.5 tonnes cocaine - Aug 06, 2010
- Journalist Luiz Marina Paz Shot Dead By Motorbike Gunmen - Dec 07, 2011
- Drug smugglers' plane kills motorcyclist in Honduras - Dec 07, 2009
- Honduras prison fire: President vows full investigation - Feb 16, 2012
- Suitcase containing $600,000 seized in Panama - Aug 02, 2011
- 14 killed in Honduras plane crash - Feb 15, 2011
- Honduran drug enforcement chief gunned down - Dec 09, 2009
Tags: cocaine, colombian flag, copilot, drug enforcement agency, hector, honduras tegucigalpa, ivan, july 4, kg, mejia, pilot, plane crashes, police spokesman, special investigations, us drug enforcement agency, xinhua