Drop ‘birther issue’, says Mayor Bloomberg to TrumpApril 25th, 2011 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 25 (ANI): New York city mayor Michael Bloomberg has asked Donald Trump to stop raising the ‘birther’ issue and to focus on other important issues.
Businessman Trump has become famous for raising “birther” conspiracy theories that question whether Obama was born in the U.S.
According to the New York Daily News, Bloomberg said the “New York icon” and his fellow Republicans need to let the “birther” issue die and “focus on the main issues.”
“Look, anyone can run for president if you’re 35 and you’re an American citizen and born here,” said Bloomberg, adding Obama was born in the US.
“I think the Republicans are making a terrible mistake in making this a big issue,” he said.
“We have immigration. We have the deficit. We have the economy. Those are the things that the public cares about,” said Bloomberg.
Bloomberg, said the back-and-forth between Democrats and the Republicans is “good theater, but the country can no longer afford this.
“The American public is smart enough to understand that. Lets focus on the main issues,” he said. (ANI)
- Romney lands in controversy with 'birther' joke - Aug 25, 2012
- Donald Trump wants to verify Obama's birth certificate - Mar 29, 2011
- Most Iowa Republicans say Obama wasn't born in US: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Bin-Laden's death a 'wake-up call' for GOP contenders intending to defeat Obama - May 04, 2011
- President Obama's birth certificate continues to be a controversy - Apr 27, 2011
- Trump and De Niro's free-for-all over Obama birth issue criticism - Apr 26, 2011
- Obama confirms he is American by birth - Apr 28, 2011
- Trump 'proud' of himself for Obama birth reveal - Apr 28, 2011
- White House criticizes Trump's 'birther' comments on Obama - Apr 11, 2011
- Even Republicans feel Trump has very little chances of reaching White House - Apr 27, 2011
- Donald Trump releases his birth certificate - Mar 30, 2011
- Trump not a "serious" presidential candidate: Republican senator McCain - May 02, 2011
- 'Birther' debate will only bring short-term gains for GOP: Obama - Apr 15, 2011
- Democratic favouritism outlines Trump political donation history - Apr 27, 2011
- Palin supports Trump's 'birther' debate on Obama - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,