Dress made entirely out of chocolate to be unveiled Down UnderMarch 31st, 2010 - 6:16 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, March 31 (ANI): A new designer outfit made of chocolate is set to be unveiled at an Easter fashion show in southeast Queensland.
According to the Gold Coast Bulletin, haute couture designer Richard de Chazal made the gown in three using 44 pounds (20kg) of chocolate, reports the Courier Mail.
The costume was created through a detailed process of applying dabs of chocolate to the bodice. Thereafter, the chocolate was smoothed out with a spatula and heat gun.
The bodice was lined with swimming pool sealant and resin so that the chocolate did not seep through the fabric.
De Chazal said: “The weekend was spent with many blisters and burns with the help of a chef friend as we tried to concoct the perfect chocolate for a garment.” (ANI)
- Givenchi’s Extreme Art And Chanel’s Casual Collection At Spring Summer 2011 Haute Couture - Jan 26, 2011
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Oscars: Fashion on the Red Carpet-Royal Purples & Fiery Reds - Feb 28, 2011
- Who says short girls can't flaunt gowns? (With Images) - Jun 06, 2012
- Katy Perry's wedding look revealed - Oct 26, 2010
- Monisha Jaising woos with simple, chic designs - Oct 07, 2010
- Replica of Kate's wedding dress to hit stores - May 04, 2011
- Jacqueline dislikes Bollywood celebs on the ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Ashish Soni completes 20 years in fashion world, set to celebrate (With Image) - Feb 09, 2012
- Buyers' resolute thumbs up to Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2011
- Bollywood celebs glam up Manav Gangwani's show - Jul 24, 2011
- Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era - Mar 08, 2012
- Designer outfits for Filipino Olympians at London - Jun 20, 2012
- Shraddha Kapoor steals show for Anju Modi - Jul 24, 2011
- Apple in toffee syrup or marshmallows? Take your Easter pick - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,