`Dr. Death’s’ senior will not be prosecuted: Queensland PoliceNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:26 am ICT by admin
Indian-trained Dr Patel was director of surgery until April 1, 2005, when he fled to the US.
He has been linked to the deaths of at least 17 patients and is facing extradition to Australia on charges including manslaughter and fraud.
The review, completed in June by former Crime and Misconduct Commission chairman Brendan Butler, backed the decision to not prosecute Dr Keating.
Police today released further correspondence from Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Leanne Clare that concluded there was no reasonable prospect of a conviction.
“Given this advice from the DPP and considering the material from the investigators, as well as both internal and independent legal opinions, the service reaffirms its decision in March 2007 not to prosecute Dr Keating for any offence against the Criminal Code,” news.com.au. quoted the police, as saying. (ANI)
- Ex-Bundaberg Hospital chief says Dr. Death's unit was grossly under-funded - Apr 28, 2010
- Nurse says Patel called Bundaberg Hospital's ICU 'third world' - May 11, 2010
- 'Dr Death' Jayant Patel's lawyers lodge appeal in manslaughter case - Jul 15, 2010
- Patel a devoted surgeon, didn't cause death: Defence counsel - Jun 18, 2010
- 'Dr. Death' Jayant Patel moved to new jail in Brisbane - Jul 05, 2010
- Extended jail term sought for Indian-origin doctor - Jul 20, 2010
- Goalposts moved in Dr Death's manslaughter trial - Mar 02, 2011
- "Dr. Death" Jayant Patel faced disciplinary action in US in 2000: Brisbane SC told - Mar 23, 2010
- Jury deliberates for fifth day on Patel manslaughter trial - Jun 27, 2010
- "Dr. Death" Jayant Patel lacked experience for major surgery: Brisbane SC told - Mar 23, 2010
- Indian-origin doctor appeals conviction in Australia - Jul 15, 2010
- India-born doctor 'failed to investigate' cancer concerns - Mar 24, 2010
- Brisbane SC to hear Justice John before deciding on Dr. Death's fate - Jun 22, 2010
- 'Dr. Death'Jayant Patel jailed for seven years - Jul 01, 2010
- "Dr. Death" Jayant Patel removed patient's colon without proper investigation, court told - Mar 24, 2010
Tags: bundaberg, code news, commission chairman, crime and misconduct commission, criminal code, director of public prosecutions, dpp, dr death, extradition, hospital dr, independent legal, keating, leanne, legal opinions, manslaughter, medical board of queensland, medical practitioner, offence, police police, queensland police