Douglas Perlitz Gets Sentenced For Prolonged Sexual Molestation Of Boys In HaitiDecember 22nd, 2010 - 7:13 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A school founder in USA who was once hailed as a savior by Haitian young men was given a sentence of 20 years of imprisonment for molesting young boys. 40 year old Douglas Perlitz was sentenced by the federal Court in Connecticut. He used to abuse a number of Haitain men when they were young and put under his care as was alleged by the investigators probing the case. Judge Janet Bond Arterton gave him 19 years and 7 months of imprisonment and the sentence included 10 years of probation. Douglas Perlitz set up a charitable school in a city in Haiti in 1997. It was named Project Pierre Toussaint where he provided the homeless boys with food, shelter and education. One of his victims named Francilien Jean-Charles told that he was picked up by him when he was only 12 years old adding “When I met Mr. Douglas, he appeared to us like Jesus Christ himself come to rescue us”.
The school set up by him became bigger over the years. Douglas Perlitz often came to Fairfield, Connecticut for raising money. He gathered $2 million from 2002 to 2008 for the orphans kept at his school. Fairfield University, his alma mater gave him an honorary degree for his humanitarian work in Haiti. The kids rescued by him regarded him as God at the beginning but later they understood his real intention. He also used sedative to seduce the young boys. He used to molest the boys at his school regularly but initially they were afraid to speak against him.
The boys were helped by a journalist named Cyrus Sibert. The US ICE agents arrested Douglas Perlitz in 2009 after several accusations of child molestation surfaced in the media. Initially he denied the sexual molestation charges but later he gave in.
- Douglas Perlitz charged with sexually abusing children in Haiti - Sep 17, 2009
- Chinese official held for sodomising minors - Aug 07, 2012
- Meghalaya governor's aide accused of molestation - Jan 23, 2012
- Romanian national convicted within ATM "skimming" scheme in Connecticut - Mar 11, 2010
- Paedophile schoolteacher films himself abusing girls - Jun 11, 2011
- Punjab agriculture minister gets one year jail - May 05, 2012
- British school headmaster jailed for sex abuse - Sep 07, 2010
- 70-year-old Briton held for molesting Cambodian boys - Jan 29, 2012
- Tel Aviv savior used to enslave women - Feb 09, 2010
- Girl kills rival after row over boys, jailed - Aug 29, 2012
- Judge forgives teen rapist, blames internet porn - Jul 03, 2012
- Catherine Zeta Jones 'received treatment for manic depression' - Apr 14, 2011
- RCB player Luke Pomersbach gets bail - May 19, 2012
- Court adjourns Rathore's case till April 15 - Mar 10, 2010
- Apex court grants bail to Rathore in molestation case (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: alma mater, case judge, charitable school, fairfield connecticut, fairfield university, food shelter, homeless boys, honorary degree, humanitarian work, jesus christ, molestation charges, perlitz, pierre toussaint, raising money, ranjan, school founder, sedative, sexual molestation, sibert, young boys