Don’t give data on us to India, Pakistan warnedJuly 10th, 2011 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 10 (IANS) A terrorist group linked with Al Qaeda has warned Pakistan not to share information about it with India, a media report said.
Harakat-ul-Jihad al-Islami (HuJI) warned the Foreign Office to stop Pakistan’s high commission in New Delhi from sharing details about it with New Delhi, Dawn quoted informed sources as saying.
A handwritten letter from HuJI threatened that if its demand was not met, then it would attack the Foreign Office, Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir and the high commission in Delhi.
The sources said the letter written in Urdu was addressed to Bashir. It was sent a few days ago by mail to the foreign secretary’s residence here.
Police officers, who analysed the letter, have confirmed that it had been sent by HuJI and was mailed from within Islamabad.
The security for the foreign secretary has been further tightened, with a team of police commandos deployed at his residence.
HuJI chief Ilyas Kashmiri was killed in a US drone attack near Wana in South Waziristan last month.
Considered one of the most dangerous terrorists, Kashmiri headed “Brigade 313″ that is believed to have masterminded the May 22 attack on a naval base in Karachi.
The 16-hour-long siege left 10 security personnel and four terrorists dead.
- US offers 5-mn-dollar reward for information on HUJI commander Ilyas Kashmiri - Apr 07, 2011
- US offers $5 million for terror leader Ilyas Kashmiri - Apr 07, 2011
- UN, US designate HuJI as terrorist organisation - Aug 07, 2010
- India may get access to Headley again - Jun 03, 2011
- Pakistan's Harkat-ul-Jihad Islami declared terror group (Lead) - Aug 07, 2010
- Ilyas Kashmiri killed in US drone strike, HuJi confirms death - Jun 04, 2011
- Lockheed boss targeted by Ilyas Kashmiri: Headley (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Headley told wife he 'made a fool' of Rana - Jun 01, 2011
- US, UN declare Ilyas Kashmiri's HuJI 'terrorist group' - Aug 07, 2010
- Al Qaeda commander Ilyas Kashmiri is alive: Dawn - Jul 16, 2011
- Headley worked with FBI for capture of Mumbai mastermind - Jun 01, 2011
- US gives Pakistan 'most-wanted' list - May 28, 2011
- Mumbai terror trial begins in Chicago court (Second Lead) - May 16, 2011
- US seeks answers from Pakistan on Mumbai attack - May 17, 2011
- India expects action from Pakistan on the basis of dossiers - Mar 03, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,