‘Donald Duck’ to go to court over ‘groping’ claimsJanuary 4th, 2011 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 4 (ANI): A woman in the US has been told by a judge that she can sue Disney over claims that a staff member dressed as Donald Duck groped her at a theme park.
April Magolon, 27, says she was holding her child at Disney’s Epcot theme park in Florida when the employee grabbed her breast and joked about it, the BBC reported.
She said the alleged incident in May 2008 at the Walt Disney World Park has left her with nightmares, digestive problems, post-traumatic stress and other injuries.
Disney has argued that the case should be dismissed or moved to Florida.
But a federal judge in Philadelphia ruled that the company, which said Magolon had sued the wrong Disney corporate entity, must defend the lawsuit in the state of Pennsylvania. (ANI)
- US woman 'groped by Donald Duck at Walt Disney World' files lawsuit - Aug 12, 2010
- Cameron to build an 'Avatar' theme park - Sep 22, 2011
- Death Reported in Disney Carousel Incident, Two Months Later - Feb 08, 2011
- Woman dies after riding a carousel at the Disney World - Feb 08, 2011
- Swindon becomes Walt Disney World's first ever twin town - Dec 08, 2009
- Garner's daughters to name her third child - Jan 22, 2012
- Disneyland Muslim woman employee agrees to wear beret over hijab to end standoff - Sep 30, 2010
- US judge rules inmate 'bitten on penis by rodent' may sue - Jan 14, 2011
- Why a Mumbai banker is greeted on Donald Duck's birthday (With Image) - Jun 09, 2012
- Miley Cyrus' Disney return - May 08, 2012
- Fly with Mickey, Minnie in Jet's Disney-themed aircraft (With image) - Jul 09, 2012
- Work starts on Disney resort in Shanghai - Apr 08, 2011
- Disneyland comes up with talking Mickey Mouse meet-and-greet character - May 07, 2010
- Shanghai Disneyland construction begins - Apr 08, 2011
- Loren's tribute to Walt Disney with 'Cars 2' - Jun 17, 2011
Tags: bbc, breast, corporate entity, digestive problems, disney, donald duck, epcot, federal judge, london jan, nightmares, philadelphia, post traumatic stress, staff member, state of pennsylvania, theme park, walt disney, walt disney world