Dominican Republic seizes 1.5 tonnes of cocaineMarch 26th, 2012 - 8:50 am ICT by IANS
Santo Domingo, March 26 (IANS) Authorities in Dominican Republic have seized 1.5 tonnes of cocaine and arrested three people for drug-trafficking.
The cocaine was intercepted off the coast of Juan Dolio, 45 km from Santo Domingo, said Major General Rolando Rosado Mateo, president of the National Anti-Drug Bureau (DNCD).
The consignment was found on a 40-foot boat from Colombia early Sunday, said Rosado.
The three arrested were equipped with high-tech night vision and communication devices, Xinhua reported.
- Dozens of mafia men held in pan-European drugs bust - Jun 04, 2012
- 17 cocaine labs destroyed in Colombia - Jan 26, 2012
- Top Colombian drug lord held - Nov 29, 2011
- One tonne cocaine seized in Italy - Aug 19, 2011
- 10 dead as Dominican boat capsizes - Feb 05, 2012
- Three tonnes of cocaine seized in Costa Rica - Feb 28, 2010
- Nicaragua seizes over two tonnes of cocaine - Mar 06, 2012
- Iran hangs dozens of drug peddlers - Jan 30, 2011
- Colombian police seize 1.5 tonnes of cocaine - Jan 04, 2011
- Over 1 tonne of cocaine seized in Spain - Mar 05, 2010
- Dominican Republic shipwreck toll rises to 16 - Feb 06, 2012
- US seizes $26 mn cocaine shipment - Jul 04, 2012
- Colombia, US officials seize over four tonnes of cocaine - Aug 27, 2009
- Colombia seizes 2.2 tonnes of cocaine - Sep 13, 2011
- Four tonnes of drugs destroyed in China - Jun 03, 2012