Dominican kills men who stole his dogSeptember 22nd, 2010 - 11:47 am ICT by IANS
Santo Domingo, Sep 22 (IANS/EFE) A resident of the eastern Dominican town of La Romana shot and killed two men who stole his dog and demanded money for the animal’s safe return, a media report said.
Frank Brauer, 46, was arrested for homicide after killing Francisco Reyes NuÃ±ez, 20, and Miguel Francisco Castilla, 31, El Nacional newspaper said Tuesday.
Both victims had criminal records, according to a police spokesperson.
La Romana has recently experienced an upsurge in crimes involving the theft of pets or vehicles followed by demands for cash to return them, El Nacional said.
- Panamanian court frees jailed reporter - Jul 16, 2010
- Journalist slain in Dominican Republic - Aug 03, 2011
- Juan Luis Guerra to launch new album - Feb 27, 2012
- Athletes get food poisoning in Dominican Republic - Apr 26, 2010
- Diplomat murdered in Dominican Republic - Apr 18, 2012
- Nine die in Dominican Republic fire - Nov 26, 2010
- Singer Vladimir Dotel hospitalized - Mar 19, 2012
- Woman killed over negative comments on Facebook - Oct 11, 2011
- Dominican singer to begin world tour - Jul 11, 2011
- Santos' first solo album tops Billboard Latin chart - Dec 09, 2011
- Romeo Santos happy with success of first solo album - Nov 17, 2011
- Concert raises $2.5 mn for Haiti quake victims - Apr 27, 2010
- Domestic violence deaths rise 40 percent in Argentina - Jul 15, 2010
- Ex-Miss Universe Amelia Vega to marry NBA star - Dec 25, 2011
- Deposed Miss Dominican Republic apologises - Apr 27, 2012