Dog shoots Kiwi man in buttocksJuly 13th, 2010 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, July 13 (ANI): A Northland man was shot by his dog in the backside after the canine leapt on to a loaded rifle in a rare, but potentially deadly, accident.
Police believe the dog might have accidentally stepped on the trigger of the .22 rifle involved in the shooting of a 40-year-old Te Kopuru man, reports the New Zealand Herald.
The man was shot in the buttocks when the dog jumped on to the loaded gun on the vehicle’s back seat, at a Te Kopuru near Dargaville.
The injured man was among a group of four who used the gun to kill a domestic pig and were going back.
The man is reported to be in a stable condition.
The bolt-action rifle was loaded with a magazine containing five shells - only one had been used the kill the pig and the party told police they thought the gun was unloaded.
Ian Anderson of Dargaville police said the man was very lucky not to have been more seriously injured.
He said the rifle would be tested to see if there were any faults, which might have otherwise caused the firearm to discharge. (ANI)
- Dog shoots man in New Zealand - Jul 13, 2010
- Drunk Russian killed for attacking cops with axe - Jun 27, 2012
- Man in Russia shoots wife in place of pig - Jun 17, 2011
- Man shoots wife in place of pig (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Shuttlecock shooters to control crowds in Russia - Jun 07, 2012
- Daniel McDaniels Shoots His Own Face While Loading Rifle Own - Oct 05, 2010
- Three killed in shootings near Texas A&M; University (Second lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Russian man buys wooden crates, finds AK-47s inside - Jan 13, 2012
- Edwin Fry jailed for rescuing his dog from the pound - Oct 25, 2010
- Man pushes lit firework up boy's hips, jailed - Aug 29, 2012
- Anti-tank rifle seized from Russian man's home - Aug 03, 2012
- One more arrested for Mumbai's Azad Maidan violence - Aug 16, 2012
- Fight over dog biscuit leads to arrest - Feb 07, 2011
- Oz men shoot each other with air rifles to see if it hurts! - Jun 23, 2010
- (VM) 'Disco Valley'overcomes pig problem - Aug 08, 2012