Dog in Germany Gives Birth to Litter of 17 PuppiesDecember 22nd, 2010 - 2:01 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Dec 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A litter of seventeen puppies has been born in Germany, on September 28, and has exhausted the owner ever since, she she has been bottle-feeding the pups because the mother simply could not feed them all.
Ramona Wegemana stated on Monday that she had slept for little more than a couple of minutes at a time without being interrupted because the puppies gave her an “exhausting struggle” for four weeks while she struggle to be sure that all of her purebred Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies would survive. She added that as soon as she would finished with the feeding of the last puppy, the first one would demand to be fed all over again.
There were eight female and nine male puppies born to Etana, the mother dog, in Ebereschenhof, close to Berlin, Germany. The owner had to feed the puppies at least five times a day, with bottles full of a special milk. Usually when a dog gives birth to a high number of puppies, a few of them die within the first week or so. All of her puppies survived, which is rare.
This was Etana’s second litter, with the first one being only eight puppies. This litter of seventeen took her thirty six hours to birth. She plans to sell the puppies to families, but will not sell them to breeders.
- Litter of 17 puppies born in Germany - Dec 21, 2010
- Great Dane gives birth to 17 puppies via a Cesarean section - Mar 21, 2011
- Dogs overtaking cats as UK's favourite pet - Apr 03, 2011
- Omega-3 fatty acids boon for undersized babies - Feb 22, 2012
- Pamela adopts 'desi' homeless puppy (With image) - May 04, 2012
- Dog gave birth to a kitten? Not a cock and bull story - Jul 21, 2012
- Pet dogs in Britain to be microchipped - Apr 24, 2011
- Mum saves kids by pinning down attacking dog - Aug 24, 2011
- Giving homes to stray dogs of Bangalore (Letter from Bangalore) - Sep 15, 2009
- Cancer-stricken Swayze continues to smoke - Aug 07, 2009
- Drew Barrymore adopts puppy - Feb 03, 2012
- Chinese farmer claims sheep gave birth to 'puppy' - Mar 26, 2011
- Mother abandons its Dalmatian lamb - Aug 10, 2012
- Bottle-feeding linked to tooth decay in infants - Feb 06, 2011
- Woman sues airline for killing her pet dog - Jan 10, 2012