Dog eats Homer Simpson!April 30th, 2009 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 30 (ANI): Dixie, a ten-year-old collie-dalmatian pet dog, is said to have become ill after eating a plastic Homer Simpson toy.
When X-rays were taken, a very clear image of the TV star could be seen in the dog’s intestine.
The owner, Victoria Keir, 42, of Aberdeen suspects the dog must have eaten a chocolate Kinder Surprise egg with a plastic toy Homer inside.
“Dixie must have seen it on the table and gulped it down - she loves chocolate,” the Sun quoted her as saying.
“She became very ill,” she said.
Dixie, ten, is recovering following surgery to remove the toy at the PDSA’s hospital in the city.
“It is an unusual case,” surgeon Alison Hamel said. (ANI)
- Mother abandons its Dalmatian lamb - Aug 10, 2012
- Joey Chestnut wins the bratwurst eating contest - Sep 19, 2011
- Doctors save dog Daisy's life after she swallows a 2-inch needle - May 22, 2012
- Meet the dog that can understand more than 1000 words! - Dec 23, 2010
- "The Biggest Loser" Host Inspired By Her Dog's Weight Loss - Jan 16, 2011
- Labrador, Who Had Wolfed A Beehive, Obtains A Bizarre 'Pet Insurance' Prize - Aug 25, 2010
- "The Biggest Loser" Host Alison Sweeney Launches Weight Loss Program For Dogs - Jan 15, 2011
- Five dogs best suited for life in a metro (Feature) - Jul 05, 2010
- Boy, 10, confesses to strangling four-year-old with a skipping rope - Dec 15, 2011
- Border collies top list of smartest pooches, Afghans dumbest - Sep 07, 2010
- Boris Becker admits getting facelift - Nov 28, 2010
- Dark chocolate may reduce cardio risks, study shows - Apr 25, 2012
- Italy's Ferrero to set up $125 mn second chocolate unit in India - Aug 16, 2010
- Rachel Bilson slams critics with a rap song - Jan 19, 2012
- Toying with ponies -- some horse sense this! - May 18, 2012