Does ‘coded message in Bible point to Qaeda’s nuclear weapon hideout’?December 11th, 2010 - 1:05 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 11 (ANI): Author Michael Drosnin believes that there are secret, coded messages in the Bible that indicate that Al Qaeda has nuclear weapons in a secret hiding place.
Drosnin took out a full page ad in the New York Times today that asks, “Why Won’t the White House Let the President Read This Letter?” Under that is a photograph of Osama bin Laden, with a large caption that reads, “Bin Laden May Already Have Nuclear Weapons.”
Drosnin, author of the best-selling “Bible Code” book series, claims he can see things in the Bible that no one else can. He believes that the Bible contains codes (hidden in numbers and letters) accurately predicting world events.
However, his critics have other things to say.
Physicist David E. Thomas showed that the patterns Drosnin and others found were the result of “data mining.” If you run a computer program through enough massive pieces of text (whether the Bible or “War and Peace” or “Moby-Dick”), looking for enough patterns (every 10th letter, every 12th letter, etc.), it will eventually spit out some words and jumbled sentences that could be interpreted to make sense.
Thomas demonstrated this by downloading an excerpt from Drosnin’s new book from his website.
“It was 3,681 characters in length after stripping spaces and punctuation, or just over one percent of the Torah’s length,” Live Science quoted Thomas as saying.
“I ran two quick algorithms, and even though the chapter is short, it teems with amazing ‘Bible Codes’. For example I found the words ‘vain’ and ‘hoax’ in one analysis, and the word ‘megalomania’ in another. Do these codes mean anything? Of course not! They just serve to show how easily hidden messages can be produced in any text, not just the Torah.” (ANI)
- Did Osama hide terror codes in Bible? - Feb 29, 2012
- Scientist decodes centuries old cryptogram - Oct 26, 2011
- New algorithm identifies ghost writing in Old Testament - Oct 12, 2011
- Charlotte Bronte's love letters to Belgian professor found - Jan 27, 2012
- US President Barack Obama read the psalm 46 at 9/11 anniversary - Sep 13, 2011
- One in 10 end relationship with text message - Jan 18, 2012
- America's 147-year-old Civil War message decoded - Dec 27, 2010
- Are smses affecting kids' reading skills? - Feb 18, 2012
- North Korea paid bribes for Pakistan n-technology: A.Q.Khan - Jul 07, 2011
- White House backtracks, admits Osama was 'unarmed' when killed by US troops - May 04, 2011
- Surrender of Osama only possible if he was naked, says US official - May 04, 2011
- Geronimo EKA: Magic words that Obama was waiting to hear - May 03, 2011
- Israeli cyber unit unleashed Iran computer virus - Oct 01, 2010
- No silver bullet to destroy Al Qaeda: Panetta - Apr 28, 2012
- A white Suzuki car that finally led to bin Laden: NYT - May 03, 2011
Tags: author michael, bible code, bible codes, bible point, computer program, hideout, live science, massive pieces, megalomania, michael drosnin, moby dick, new york times, nuclear weapon, nuclear weapons, osama bin laden, physicist david, punctuation, secret hiding place, torah, war and peace