Dodi’s bodyguard’s wife convinced that ’something sinister’ was going onNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:51 am ICT by admin
“I’m sick of people talking about a version of events I don’t recognise,” the Mirror quoted her, as saying.
“I am convinced there was something sinister going on, to the point where I doubt if even my own husband was telling me the whole truth.”
She also reveals that bodyguard Trevor Rees Jones, the only one to survive the crash, was angry with Dodi.
“Trevor was in a foul mood. “He said that Dodi was being an idiot and messing with travel plans to impress Diana. Trev was effing and blinding and calling him a t**t,” she said.
“He was threatening to tell Dodi what he thought of him and quit his job.”
“Ben even offered to swap roles with Trev for the day so he could stay and cool down. That would have put Ben in the car with Diana and Dodi.”
Ms Murrell also reveals that she spoke to chauffeur Henri Paul, and that he did not appear drunk. Her estranged hubby, on the other hand, has maintained that Paul had been drinking heavily.
“I was leaning out the window and, as Henri was smoking his cigar, he looked up and said, ‘How are you?’
“He had a spring in his step because of the special visitor but we all felt like that.
“There was nothing to suggest he was getting drunk.
“What I can’t understand is why Ben didn’t just report him and have him taken off the job.”
After the party left, Ben “bizarrely” offered to take her out for the night, even though there was a good chance he would be called in for work.
“We’d never been out in Paris. But on this night of all nights, when he was likely to be called back to work, he demanded we go to a bar nearby,” she told the paper.
Ms Murrell was never interviewed by Lord Stevens during his probe into the deaths of the couple, and has not even been called to give evidence at the ongoing inquest. (ANI)
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- 'Innocent' Princess Di's driver 'set up' by French authorities, claims book - Mar 15, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- Princess Di's driver's blood test 'wasn't verified' - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Di's death was not an accident, says leading lawyer - Sep 02, 2009
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- Mohamed al-Fayed claims he torched Harrods' royal warrants - Aug 23, 2010
- Di crash investigators fined over legal delays, bungles - Oct 24, 2009
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed memorials to be removed from Harrods? - Aug 15, 2010
- Letter on Di's fears of being killed withheld by senior police officers - Sep 26, 2009
- Princess Di's comic book branded 'disgusting' over 'cruel' content - Nov 09, 2009
Tags: also reveals that, bodyguard, bodyguards, cool down, diana, dodi, estranged, foul mood, getting drunk, hubby, i am convinced, job, mohammed al fayed, murrell, nothing to suggest, paris, reveals, trevor rees jones, whole truth